Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vibration Notifications Don't Work

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a FitBit Ionic and it used to vibrate on my wrist when I got a notification or when a I set a silent alarm.  At some point along the line, it just stopped vibrating all together.  The alarm doesn't vibrate.  When I receive a notification, it doesn't vibrate.  

I've reset my device.  I've updated to the latest firmware.  I've toggled the vibrations settings (on/off, sleep vibrations, vibration type-- strong, etc.) with no success.  

What could be wrong?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Have you tried restarting the unit?  Two ways - one is press and hold the left button and the lower right button for 3-5 seconds until it restarts and the second one is swipe right to settings, scroll down to 'other' then scroll down to shutdown. Shut down or restart two or three times in a row and then see if the buzz works.  If not then:

My guess is something wrong with the 'buzzer'. Suggest you contact support at this link:

https://help.fitbit.com/?l=en_US&cu=1&fs=ContactUs

They have a chat site (which can disappear when they get loaded up) a phone call number or an email address. 

While your Fitbit charges or you just want to catch your breath, join us on the Lifestyle Discussions

Community Council Member

Warren | Cincinnati, OH

Versa Lite, Ionic, Charge3, Inspire HR, Blaze(retired), Alta( retired),- Pixel 3

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Have you tried the alarm clock to see if the issue is notification vibrations or just vibrations in general? Do you have the 250/hr step notification turned on - and if so does that work?

While your Fitbit charges or you just want to catch your breath, join us on the Lifestyle Discussions

Community Council Member

Warren | Cincinnati, OH

Versa Lite, Ionic, Charge3, Inspire HR, Blaze(retired), Alta( retired),- Pixel 3

Best Answer
0 Votes

Neither work unfortunately 

Best Answer

Have you tried restarting the unit?  Two ways - one is press and hold the left button and the lower right button for 3-5 seconds until it restarts and the second one is swipe right to settings, scroll down to 'other' then scroll down to shutdown. Shut down or restart two or three times in a row and then see if the buzz works.  If not then:

My guess is something wrong with the 'buzzer'. Suggest you contact support at this link:

https://help.fitbit.com/?l=en_US&cu=1&fs=ContactUs

They have a chat site (which can disappear when they get loaded up) a phone call number or an email address. 

Community Council Member

Warren | Cincinnati, OH

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve restarted numerous times and done two factory resets, still no vibrations. 

Allie
Best Answer

Mine had done the same thing but with caps/text/calendar alerts all other notifications are working and vibrating 

Best Answer

Did you ever get a fix on this? That is my problem.

Best Answer

I’m curious if you ever get your Ionic to work again? I’ve tried all suggestions and also contacted customer support who told me I’ve exhausted all my options and to buy an entirely new device! That seems absolutely ridiculous to have a customer pay $300 for a device that only seems to work for a year (which is about how long I’ve had mine). How do you have faith in Fitbit products?

Best Answer

Never got it fixed.  It annoys me to the day.  

Best Answer

This is so frustrating and irritating to hear about your experience, and also experience for myself currently. I’m sorry you are still annoyed to date! I’m likely going to be in the same boat....

I am highly annoyed at Fitbit as a company, which is unfortunately because I was highly satisfied with the product so far until now. I asked for customer service to escalate my ticket and got the response that an escalation would likely lead me to the same answer = purchase a new device... with no indication it was to be escalated. Absolutely ridiculous! 

Also reading other community posts and looks and sounds like most Fitbit products go kaput after a year. Also sounds like the Ionic model has a trending issue with the vibration issue - either stops working all together or goes crazy and vibrates for no reason! Interestingly, my Ionic started to intermittently vibrate without reason several months ago. I didn’t think too much of it since it was intermittent... but boy, what a surprise, inconvenience, and betrayal to miss several important alarms because of the absence of the vibration. My Ionic now no longer vibrates or produces and audible alarm. I can’t believe I was told I need to purchase a new device after just ONE year. Who has $300 to spend on new devices every year? 

Frustration and unsatisfactory is grossly am understatement. 

Best Answer
0 Votes