Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was going to buy an ionic today...

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My old charge hr is officially kaput. Had plans to purchase the ionic today as i hate bringing my phone with me on walks and runs. 

Now with all these negative GPS reviews im second guessing it. Maybe bringing my phone and buying a versa is the lesser of two evils. 

Can anyone comment on how accurate the GPS on ionic is now with the newest update? And if i purchase the device new will i have the new update or still have to wait?

Also, do you find the calories out is accurate too? Thats my main goal.

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Screenshot_20180506-102312.png

Apparently they've "never had issues with ionic GPS". I call BS.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I assume support dient check zur Community. And they didn't their own products. That's bad. 😞

Regards,

Mark

End!Now free time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Screenshot_20180506-102744.png

Seems like they just dont think all of you are enough to fix the issues.

Communities like this are a very poor representation of how many actual issues there are out there. Some people may just think its accurate without comparing it, some people may just accept the difference, some people may not know how to complain (i didn't know this community existed until today). It doesnt mean its not faulty at a  wide range, it means they're not diligent. 

PLUS, how many people actually run/walk in perfectly open spaces. Theres almost always buildings or trees. Considering where the largest populations are (metropolitan areas with you guessed it...large buildings) this shouldn't be an excuse but rather a reason to fix it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've never had a problem wit my GPS. I run with a friend who had an apple watch and they both match up. I love my Ionic!

?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner  I don't know if I have just been especially lucky, but I have never had the GPS problem described by others.  As an iPhone user, I can also say that there have been issues with connected GPS and the iOS app from time to time.  I do not monitor the Android forum to see if there are recurring problems with connected GPS and Android.  The take home point is that connected GPS might not protect you from GPS issues.

OS 2.1 for the Ionic has just been released on a progressive roll out.  I havn't received my update notification, yet.  If you buy an Ionic right now, I'm sure it will have the current OS -- it will be shipped from existing stock.  You will have to wait.

If you buy your Ionic from Fitbit, you have 45 days to road test it.

I hope this helps.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunnerNo issues for me either with GPS, works like clockwork every time.

Tony | UK

Ionic, Versa 2, Charge 3 SE, Aria 2, Flyer, Note 9, Android 8.1, Windows 10

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just bought one a week ago. No issues with it so far. Had it on 4 runs and it GPS looks the same as my Apple Watch data before.

Best Answer
0 Votes