Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch longevity

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I suggest that you make a watch that lasts longer than a year and a half. In the span of literally 10 minutes my watch went from working fine to not turning on or charging. Customer service asked me to try restarting it, I did, and it still didn't work, at which point they said there was nothing else that could be done and offered me a discount on a new watch because it is no longer under warranty. You have got to be kidding me! I spent $300 on this watch! There is no reason that it should not last many years. I took very good care of it and followed care instructions to a "T". 

Needless to say, I will never purchase another Fitbit and will make sure that my friends and family don't make the same mistake that I did supporting this awful company!

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

My Ionic has also died at a bit over the 18 month mark, but under the 2 year mark.

Hopefully I can find my receipt, and I may be covered by Australian consumer law.

Best Answer

Mademoiselle did your Ionic die while installing the firmware update or just out of the blue?

Best Answer

Hi Matt, mine died while performing a firmware update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Was it the most recent update (a few days ago)?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mademoiselle230 I agree with you. Mine died with only 15 months of use. In fact, it looks like new and I really took care of it during this period. As a funny fact, I still have the original box of it.

Best Answer

Hi Matt,

Was just about to update the firmware when it died. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Had you started the update process?
Best Answer
0 Votes