Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What changed recently... Ionic is acting very odd

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Very recently (last 12-36 hours) I lost my additional options on the Today screen.  The only stats I am now offered are "Core Stats", "Hourly Steps", and "Heart Rate".  Yet the additional options were there the other day, only noticed they were gone this morning and I am not aware of an update.  The app on my device shows the last update was in December.

Also this morning my sleep tracking was very off.  It had me asleep more than 30 minutes before I even physically went to bed.  Then 4 small periods of awake while going to bed and tossing and turning (I am ill and on a steroid which makes it difficult to sleep).  Supposedly these awake periods stopped at around 3:20am, except I was still up after 4am and was actively checking the time and reading the news on my phone and checking the time on my Ionic (using the button to wake it up to check the time periodically).  I ultimately needed to estimate the time I fell asleep and edit the entry.

However after doing so the Windows app froze and now randomly fails to display any sleep information other than today until the app is closed and re-opened.  This has occurred multiple times now.  

I find it more than coincidental that this all started occurring around the same time. 

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

It's great to see you around @SunsetRunner! I appreciate the time that you've took to share these details. 

I wanted to confirm that the latest firmware update for Ionic was on December just as you mentioned and the latest one is 27.33.1.30.

Regarding the stats that you're seeing your Ionic, it can be that they were removed if you did a factory reset, you can add them by going into Fitbit Today > then scroll down until settings then check the other stats and they should appear on you watch. 

In regards to your sleep information, restart your Ionic and change try sleeping with the watch on your non-dominant hand, this should help with the accuracy of it. 

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I apologize for not being ultra specific with screen shots and firmware version and application versions.  I would normally thinking stating that I had the additional Today screen options one day and not the next without mention of factory resetting would give it away.

Since I need to spell everything out.  I did not factory reset my device.  

My device is funning 27.33.1.30

The Today app is version 33.1.30.c (dated December 19 2018) according to the app on my phone, with no option to manually update it.  

My phone app is 2.40.1796 (60568) on Windows 10 Mobile (1709) 10.0.15254.552

I have tried restarting my Ionic both by choosing shutdown from the settings on the device and with the button combination.  I do not have the additional Today options.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for getting back @SunsetRunner! I appreciate the details that you've shared. I've created a case on your behalf with my team, they will continue assisting you on this matter. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have never heard from the Fitbit team, with the exception of an automated email and the situation is getting worse not better.  I still have the same issues I listed before and now my device randomly changed the time to be off by exactly 3 hours.  I am hoping this is just a timezone issue, but I not only haven't changed time zones, but I have barely even left my house due to illness so I am really wondering how this happened. 

My phone is in the correct time zone. No changes made in the app before or after this.  In fact manually opening the app, which forced a sync corrected the time. But why would it lose the time in first place?

Best Answer

Thank you for getting back @SunsetRunner! I was checking your case with Support and they've mentioned that they replied to you on Feb 25th apart from the automated email that Fitbit sent you. Please double check your email, you can try checking your spam folder. 

If it's showing you 3 hours difference, it might be that your Fitbit app is in another timezone. I would like you to double check that your Fitbit app has the correct city and this way, it can show you the same timezone as your phone. (Check the screenshot below for my timezone on the Fitbit Dashboard) 

timezone1.PNG

Hope this helps and you can feel better! Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Today I noticed that the exorcise stat in the today options is gone and I can’t get it back from settings. Restated a number of times. No dice. 

Best Answer
0 Votes