Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic won't charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Thas seems to be an issue since the latest update. 

When I originally updated plugging my ionic in had no effect. I followed all the trouble shooting steps

-made sure the watch was clean

-tried multiple USB sources (multiple computers and wall adapters)

-attempted resetting (held the two buttons for 15 seconds).

After giving up for a day, I tried again before heading into the shops to return it and it started working.

Today my ononic was down to 10%, so I thought i would attempt to charge it before it completely died incase that was the problem last time. Tried multiple USBs again with no success, attempted to reset the ionic, but now it flashes up with 0% and fails to start even though it was 10% when I reset it. 

Any suggestions? I like the watch but this has been frustrating 

Best Answer
39 REPLIES 39

I would  contact support and see if there is anything else you can do to resolved. It sounds like you have done everything already

http://help.fitbit.com/?cu=1

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Hi Wendy, 

I sent an email stating the same to them, and they replied with asking my to complete the same trouble shooting steps again... Very frustrating haha

Best Answer

@mrWicke,

Hopefully Fitbit will be able to replace your tracker for your malfunctioned Ionic. Fitbit was great with regards to replacing my Ionic because its screen became severely discolored and then didn’t sync with my iPhone X after a factory reset. 

Good luck!

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/MST-for-future-Fitbit-Version/idc-p/2584637%23M156620
Best Answer
0 Votes

So far I have had a few emails asking me to try the steps I listed I had tried when I first raised the issue. Lots of repitition and nothing new to try. 

They asked for a video of me attempting to turn it on while plugged in. Which was a little useless as it's just a dead screen - also makes the customer feel like they aren't trusted when they complain about a faulty product.

Since then I have tried my charger on a colleagues ionic and had no issue charging, I tried his charger on my ionic and it's still dead.

Been a frustratingly slow process with in a lot of unneeded back and forth - hopefully thier solution is a little more detailed than "exchange at the retailer" because I could of just done that from the start without wasting my time 😕

Just waiting on the escalation team now

Best Answer

@mrWickewrote:

So far I have had a few emails asking me to try the steps I listed I had tried when I first raised the issue. Lots of repitition and nothing new to try. 

They asked for a video of me attempting to turn it on while plugged in. Which was a little useless as it's just a dead screen - also makes the customer feel like they aren't trusted when they complain about a faulty product.

Since then I have tried my charger on a colleagues ionic and had no issue charging, I tried his charger on my ionic and it's still dead.

Been a frustratingly slow process with in a lot of unneeded back and forth - hopefully thier solution is a little more detailed than "exchange at the retailer" because I could of just done that from the start without wasting my time 😕

Just waiting on the escalation team now

I feel you completely; I went through the exact same process. “You want pictures and video of what?”

I hope they replace the tracker for you ASAP. I went though the process a lot faster by using chat and the phone. 

Let us know know it turns out, I’ll be rooting for you!

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/MST-for-future-Fitbit-Version/idc-p/2584637%23M156620
Best Answer

Mine went dead last night....tried charging but won’t come on. 

Does Fitbit have ANY solution to this? Reading other commit, I am quite upset with this issue!

Best Answer

After about a week of emails, they want me to post it to them at my own expense before they process my  replacement.

Best to contact them asap as they are very slow to reply. Or if it's still pretty new I'd say save yourself the time and return it to the shop you brought it at

Best Answer

@JudeOwrote:

Mine went dead last night....tried charging but won’t come on. 

Does Fitbit have ANY solution to this? Reading other commit, I am quite upset with this issue!

This is unfortunate and quite understandable, as mine was not able to sync, nor turn on fully after my screen malfunctioned. Hoping they replace the tracker for you ASAP and without issue. 

Best Answer

@mrWickewrote:

After about a week of emails, they want me to post it to them at my own expense before they process my  replacement.

Best to contact them asap as they are very slow to reply. Or if it's still pretty new I'd say save yourself the time and return it to the shop you brought it at

This is actually pretty good news - at least Fitbit did not tell you flat-out no! 

I would send it to them via first class snail mail: cheap, yet probably fast in shipping speed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It sounds like it has something to do with the charging cable and not the Ionic itself.  If it was something with the Ionic, it wouldn't be able to charge on your colleague's cable.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

out of curiosity, what firmware version were you on, those who had charging/dead issues all of sudden?

did you notice vapor condense behind the sensors' film screen cover?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DramaQueenDiva I think you miss read. 

Tried my colleagues charger on mine - no charge

Tried my charger on colleagues ionic - charge.

Basically that was a test to make sure it wasn't my charger. That eliminated that as a the issue as my charger worked on a confirmed working ionic... Not mine

@moedawg140 in Australia we have consumer laws that prevent Fitbit from saying a flat out no in this situation. So the response I received is the legal minimum. So not great news, kinda half arsed 

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner, mine is Firmware version: 27.31.1.29.

BTW, my charging issue started in a weird way, t was low and I connected to the charger (PC USB port). I showered charging and after a few minutes, it stoped. I changed the port and still didn't charge. I continued using it until the charge ran out...still not charging!

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner I started having the issue ever since I updated the firmware. Phone was responding slower at first, then it wouldn't change.

No condensation behind the screen and it has never been submerged 

@
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yep, same here, issues after updating to latest FW. Ionic is on its way to the returns centre to be replaced.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner I'm just on my way to the retailer to return it. I think charging a customer for postage because of their dodgy update is a bit steep

Best Answer

Just returned it to the retailer (not a Fitbit store) and they replaced it without making me feel like I was trying to scam them. Much better than my experience with the technical support team. Should of just done that from the start

Best Answer

@mrWickewrote:

Just returned it to the retailer (not a Fitbit store) and they replaced it without making me feel like I was trying to scam them. Much better than my experience with the technical support team. Should of just done that from the start

You should have returned it for a refund....Fitbit's customer service used to be beyond excellent, the fact that things have changed so much could very well mean Fitbits on the way out. They've been on the financial ropes for the last couple years, it sounds like desperations setting in. Plus they've cut back on Ionic production because of low sales and a high return rate 😱😨

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Crazy-Fritterwrote:

@mrWickewrote:

You should have returned it for a refund....Fitbit's customer service used to be beyond excellent, the fact that things have changed so much could very well mean Fitbits on the way out. They've been on the financial ropes for the last couple years, it sounds like desperations setting in. Plus they've cut back on Ionic production because of low sales and a high return rate 😱😨

I decided to just replace it as I like the device (software and hardware issues do happen), just not the technical help provided.

Although I finally received a response from the technical help guys that was frustratingly stupid, and made me regret not getting a refund already haha. So I've asked them to forward me case on to complaints - but at the speed they reply, that probably won't be for another few days 

A real shame too. I want to root for the underdog, and as far as what I'm after, the ionic ticks more boxes than the compition. Just wish they pulled their head out for the support. It really let's the brand down

Best Answer