Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will the Spo2 sensor will be available?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Has there been any update when the spo2 sensor will be available for use. It was the only reason I chose this watch over the others I was looking to buy.

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
450 REPLIES 450

Don’t hold your breath. I’ve been waiting since the release Aug 2018 some with the ionic have been waiting over a year but I think they were told it would be working at a later date.

Hacked off
Best Answer
0 Votes
Lucky you, at least you have the promises spo2, don't complain too much.
Those of us that paid more for the ionic with that supposedly in the
waiting still do not have access to it. I've had a $20 watch that was spot
on for spo2 and blood pressure unfortunately it broke and is no longer
made. That's the only reason I upgraded to the ionic.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there an app that works with Fitbit that can read the spO2 meter? I'm asthmatic and this information would be helpful.  

Best Answer

There are a few apps out there,  none fully integrated with Fitbit from what I remember and I don't know how accurate they are.  If your Android just search the app store and it will pull some up,  the top rated are usually the best but read the most recent reviews and decide on your own.  You can also trial and error.  The way they work is by holding your finger tip to the flash of your camera,  they also can monitor blood pressure that way.  Again not sure on how accurate they are. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@tiffanylht Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for taking the time to post your inquiry on this thread regarding third party apps that can read SP02 and works with Fitbit too.

Currently, there are no third party apps for SP02 that will transfer data to Fitbit.

@Lynnettefayola @Frankc52 I hope you're doing well! Thanks for sharing your input on this thread!

See you around!

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

To all moderators of this forum: is there any way you can escalate this thread to someone in your engineering department, who might be able to shed some light on the timeline for releasing this feature?  Even knowing exactly what was causing the delay would be helpful.  I'm guessing your engineers haven't yet figured out how to achieve consistent parity with dedicated SpO2 sensors using your more generalized hardware, and are still tweaking firmware settings to try to get the readings more in-line.  But actually knowing that information would make us all feel a lot better. Your refusal to tell us anything at all is deeply concerning, and I'm hoping you can get authorization from someone in the FitBit leadership team to lift the coneof silence somewhat. 

Thanks!

Jordan

Best Answer

@Nadro Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for taking the time to post your input on this thread.

For the moment, that is all the information we have. Rest assured that once we get some more information about this; we will let you know for sure. I'm also curious about this. However, I've shared all the information I have available for the moment. Fitbit team is aware of this and I'm sure they are testing this to provide the best customer experience possible.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

See you around! 

Best Answer

a timeline would be nice, instead of an open ended generic response.

Best Answer

But when have you ever known Fitbit to give a timeline?

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner I hope you're doing well! Thanks for sharing your suggestion about having a timeline for this.

There is no timeline at the moment. I will let you know once I have more information available.

@Rich_Laue Thanks for your help on this thread.

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The API isn't available should anyone want to make an app that can utilize the SpO2 sensor, so don't hold you breath waiting for any news or "timeline" from the Fitbots. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It looks like they're using this feature in the Sleep Beta? For revitalization since they're saying that score is impacted by respiration.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, as mentioned several posts back, you can see the red led working when you wake up. Which is kinda cool, if you all me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just to clarify my first statement: I know that the moderators of this forum are doing their best (thank you!), and don't have any more information than they've already shared. However, I'm wondering if the moderators have any ability to break through the firewall between the engineering team and the support/PR side of things, and get a more substantive update in cases (like this one) where a significant number of power users have been explicitly requesting an update for months. 

If that's impossible, then I'm not sure it makes sense to continue this thread; we should instead be lobbying FitBit corporate directly until we get a response. 

Thanks,

Nadro

Best Answer

@Nadro wrote:

Just to clarify my first statement: I know that the moderators of this forum are doing their best (thank you!), and don't have any more information than they've already shared. However, I'm wondering if the moderators have any ability to break through the firewall between the engineering team and the support/PR side of things, and get a more substantive update in cases (like this one) where a significant number of power users have been explicitly requesting an update for months. 

If that's impossible, then I'm not sure it makes sense to continue this thread; we should instead be lobbying FitBit corporate directly until we get a response. 

Thanks,

Nadro

This is a really good point, surely the forum must reach through to Fitbit shopfloor? Otherwise, what would be the point of the forum at all?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have a look at this..... it's coming....

https://gadgetsandwearables.com/2018/12/15/fitbit-sleep-score-2/

Best Answer

@MattJ71 wrote:

Have a look at this..... it's coming....

https://gadgetsandwearables.com/2018/12/15/fitbit-sleep-score-2/

Oh!! That's pretty cool. Hopefully soon!! Thanks for the link, good find!

Best Answer

When I see devices without the sensor available to be in the beta and receive scores I doubt SPO2 data is being used for it. 

After being in the beta I can say the data is a **ahem** show. 

Revitalization appears to be the one stat that would use SPO2 data but really if you look close to your restless times you will see that is what is being scored. 

Add to it the fact that naps tank your score and that sleep stages are not recorded in under 3 hour sleeps so that also messes with scores etc. 

Best Answer
How do I join the beta I have tried
Best Answer

I'm in the UK and it reports the pattern is full or they are not taking more customers onto the Beta test. 😡😡

Hacked off
Best Answer
0 Votes