Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will the Spo2 sensor will be available?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Has there been any update when the spo2 sensor will be available for use. It was the only reason I chose this watch over the others I was looking to buy.

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
450 REPLIES 450
Claps👏👏👏

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

You are absolutely correct! The insanity of the less than forthright marketing campaign is further highlighted if you look up the Sleepon device, it’s a relatively small ring that tracks sleep, HR and has continuous pulseoximetry! 

The associated app nicely integrates data to determine “potential” sleep apnea risk. 

Maybe fitbit should consult with these folks since know how to get the job done! 

Best Answer

Hi everybody, nice to see you around.

@Rogers007 Thanks a million for sharing all these details and information. At this moment we don't have any details about this information. Your sleep stages data helps you track your patterns and notice variations. If you have any concerns about your sleep health we recommend sharing the information with your doctor. A good source of additional information is the National Sleep Foundation

@Frankc52 and @Starlette Please note that we always give details of new features here: See what's new. We do really appreciate your comments about this though.

@GTOJim I really understand where you coming from and your comments will be shared with our team. Remember we always announce new features and options here.

@Lynnettefayola and @steve_mc Thanks for your feedback. You can always check our Feature Suggestion board and vote for this suggestion: 

In case that you have some questions about your sleep please check this article: What should I know about sleep stages?

Thanks for keep sharing your comments. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Thanks for your information. The BIG problem is Fitbit reported the new 3 would have a SP02 for this reason I purchased the 3 on Oct 7th and was quite upset the device didn't have any software to display this metric even in the sleep information.

I contacted tech support who said it would be implemented mid to late Nov this never happened. As you are aware it still is not working.

This means the Fitbit 3 is not fit for purpose in that the SP02 does not display.

Your post just makes me more angry.

For your information I am already under a doctor for my sleep apnea and I wanted a more convenient way of measuring my SP02 and do understand it not 100% accurate.

A very upset user 😡😡😡

Well done on the link that you say gives the information..... erm the link doesn’t work just like the SP02 😂😂😡

Hacked off
Best Answer

Thanks for the follow-up, I believe the bulk of frustration results from the absense of information, a “black box”, after after a seductive marketing campaign.

Fitbit owes it’s many longstanding supporters/customers honest feedback, with respect to the good, the bad or ugly regarding the oxygen sensor delay.

Many of us would be less angry  and tolerant if we had a forthright response. 

Customer loyalty is driven by doing the right thing at the right time.

Best Answer

@YojanaFitbit The what's new page does not give any information about what's new.. Typical. Do you also have a "what's advertized" page?

Best Answer

Yes I noticed that but it's a bit like the SP02 it doesn't work 😂😂

Hacked off
Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @Frankc52@Rogers007  and @PrimeTinus! We appreciate the time you took to post your comments here.

@Rogers007 and @Frankc52 You have a good point there, we apologize for the delay about this topic, we're hoping to have more info on this in 2019 but we don't have an official update to share now. Your feedback has been passed on to the team, but as mention before we don't have further information at the time. Thanks a million for your time and patience! We'll be letting you know as soon as we get more details about this.

@PrimeTinus I got the same information in that link. Feel free to try on the Fitbit home page, >Why Fitbit > What's new. You can also check here

I'll be around. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

ionic have a sp02 sensor. now the new versa has the sp02 sensor. 

i hope that the ionic's sensor will be provided of software support like the new versa will do. if not you must be sure that i will never do not buy a Fitbit product anymore. 

Best Answer

This is getting a little insane if you think about it.  People bought the device because of this feature.  People have now owned the device for years (in many cases longer than someone keeps a model of fitness tracker) without getting the feature they wanted and paid for.  Fitbit is releasing new models year after year and several of those have this hardware but still remains inactive.  Mean while competitors like Garmin have implemented this feature into new hardware over a year after the Ionic was released and they have the feature enabled from the date of launch and better battery life.

How is this even a discussion at this point, we should all be walking around talking about how much we love this feature not asking if or when it will be enabled.

Best Answer

The absence of any attempt to respond to the SpO2 concerns seems reflective of diminishing concerns about their customers concerns or retention! 

Best Answer

this is really insane.😂

it is like when you buy a new car, for example,  with the most promoted and advertised powerful air condictioner, without the switch to power on the freshness. there is one..but you will do not use it.

bwuahahahahah

sad to think but abouy every garmin product, i think that one of this will be  my next sport wearable.

Best Answer

Or tesla's ludicrous mode with no instructions on how to implement it. 

Best Answer

The most irritating element is the massive marketing around a concept not accessible, that clearly led to enhanced immediate sales. Now we suffer the added insult of new hardware being marketed with deafening silence with respect to the SpO2  monitoring questions.

This is not the behavior of a company that anticipates long term engagement with it’s customers  in a competitive field.

Apple leads the “pack” by under promising and over delivering a quality product. The difference in price between Fitbit and Apple watched  has closed dramatically, due to the diminishing value of a product with lackluster development and even worse service! 

I use to love this product, now I ask not if, but will I migrate to an Apple watch! 

Best Answer

I'm waiting for the day when Apple opens up the Watch to Android.

...but since this is not happening, probably, at least I'm waiting for a competitor that does a devent enough product, even without all the features of Fitbit, real or not.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The most frustrating aspect of the SPO2 sensor is that it does work. There are many reports of the red light working overnight, and mine certainly does. Is Fitbit collecting sleep data? Seems likely, although when I replied (within an hour) to their Sleep Score Beta trial, it was already closed. So now they’re collecting my data but not showing it to me? Fitbit seems oblivious to the idea that this entire industry is built on the concept of collecting my data, packaging it, and giving it back to me to use as I see fit. The important concept here is that it’s my data, not theirs.

When this stops becoming the top priority of a wearable company, it’s time to look for a new one. Over the years, I’ve come to understand that this never was Fitbit’s priority, they have always been about a nicely packaged, dumbed-down app and a robust social experience. Nothing terribly wrong with that, just not what I need or want from my wearable. 

Best Answer

Currently even with the beta sleep, we do not see the Oxygen data, 

Using the export top found at https://www.fitbit.com/settings/data/export you can download every not of data fotbit has stored from your tracker.

Best Answer

Fitbit no longer cares about the loyal first adopters that carried this company through the “chasm” of darkness with the rise of the Apple watch. The interest seems to hoard our data for corporate ventures, while make promises they’ve yet to fulfill. Despite the many request for updates with respect to the SpO2 monitor, the echo of silence is deafening. If Fitbit cannot meet the expectations that lead to these purchases driven by a well defined “it’s here” marketing campaign, they should issue a refund and allow it’s customers to embark on a journey of choice! 

As usual I anticipate referral to a dysfunctional website, for updated information on nothing! 

Best Answer

Rich, that’s kind of my point- even in the sleep beta you’re not getting any SPO2 data. My red LED is flashing overnight, plenty of users report that...so the sensor is working. I think? I don’t know what else it would be doing flashing all night long. 

So where is that data going? Not seeing that anywhere in my export files. As others have mentioned over the years, it’s the lack of transparency from Fitbit around this kind of stuff that annoys us so badly. Either activate the sensor or kill it, but don’t let it run in the background collecting data without acknowledging it. 

Best Answer

I don’t care about apple or other brand, I bought Fitbit under the premise that the charge 3 was able to track the spo2 levels, so I bought 2 for my brother and for me as we are asthmatics. Really disappointed. It looks like Fitbit didn’t say the true just to sell more.

Best Answer