Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won't Start

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I was out running this morning and my watch reset it'self. Which it has 3 or 4 times over the last 6 weeks. When I got back it seems that it thought I was trying to log into it as it displayed the message that I needed to unlock it from the app on my phone. BTW, little misleading that message, you need to reset your wallet and reconfigure your pin not really "unlock". So I tried to reset the pin and received an error message about communication with the watch. I decided a quick restart might help that out. but since the restart it has been looping on the fitbit startup logo and not actually restarting. Is there a way I can get to a recover mode?

I found a video to do a factor reset by pressing all three buttons and when it boots releasing the bottom button. I did that it virbrated and then stopped responding for a while. Now it is looping again on the fitbit logo.

This looks like a common issue as I've found a number of other's with it. I tried the chat support but looks like they have gone home.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I notice that you twice mentioned that you could set up a support case ... but never actually did.

Don't worry about it I have a Samsung Active 2 now and won't be going back to Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

@Mark.B.WA It's nice to see you on the Community. Thanks for the details mentioned and the troubleshooting tried. 

I appreciate the research done prior to posting. It's pretty weird that your Ionic is showing you the Fitbit logo and not showing you the display properly. 

In this case, I would like you to confirm you tried restarting following the tips mentioned in this article. If you have but it's still not showing the Fitbit logo, let me know and I will create a case on your behalf with our Support team. 

Keep me posted. I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SilviaFitbit I can confirm that I have tried to reset the device several times using the back and bottom buttons. I have even tried to do a full reset with all three and then the back and top buttons. When I do this the device pings a vibration and restarts. It then takes about 15 sec to load with the logo and after about 5 seconds blinks and the logo comes back, like it is resetting itself every 5 seconds.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Following with interest because I am having the same problem … just looping the Fitbit logo but not restarting. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This seems like a common problem with a 25% discount being offered as the only solution?

No recover mode and software to roll back the update?

Almost seems malicious 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mark.B.WA Thanks for getting back. It's not possible to roll back to the update. In this case, I could create a case on your behalf with our Support team and they will continue assisting you. Rest assure that each case is reviewed individually and the option provided is based in the Fitbit Warranty

@LMH07 Welcome to the Community. Thanks for the details mentioned. In this case, I would like you to restart your Ionic and check if your display works normal after this. 

Keep me posted. I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I notice that you twice mentioned that you could set up a support case ... but never actually did.

Don't worry about it I have a Samsung Active 2 now and won't be going back to Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes