Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won't continue syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have an Ionic and a Google pixel 2XL. It syncs and works beautifully for 2 days and then can't resync unless I delete the watch and start over with install.....what the heck!?!?!? 

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

My ionic will connect to the app and I am able to see today’s steps and my current heart rate; but I am not able to see the heart rate graph, hourly steps, or sleep patterns. I went to check the settings for the ionic within the app and it says the last sync was last night. The app says it’s connected and I am able to do things such as change the clock face and such but my information is not transferring back to the app. 

I have restarted the ionic - I tried turning off and on the bluetooth - I have updated and restarted my iPhone. I am at a loss.  I’m extremely confused that the phone and the ionic are connected and I can change the settings but I cannot sync my information. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

No matter what I do I cannot get my ionic to sync with my android. I have a perfectly working note 8. I have tried restarting both, I even factory reset the ionic. I've disconnected wifi, unpaired and re-paired the device. So frustrating to have spent $300 on a smart watch that does not work. 

Best Answer

Problem finally solved. After having my Bluetooth forget the ionic I removed the device from the app. I then completely removed the app from my phone. I reset the Fitbit and then added the app and set up the Fitbit as a new device. (I had done this before without reinstalling the app and it never worked). 

Best Answer

@Miche_Miche Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing with Ionic not syncing. 

I was checking the list of supported devices and the Google Pixel 2XL is not showing there. This is the main reason why you may experience trouble with the app's connectivity with Ionic.

Still, I'd recommend trying these syncing troubleshooting steps as that might help you out. 

@creynolds432 It's great to see you in the Fitbit Community! The Galaxy Note 8 is a supported device. Thanks for trying those steps to sort this out. 

Have you tried turning off Bluetooth (wait 10 seconds), and turning it back on? You could also try the steps on the article left above and the steps that @Aphill posted above too.

@Aphill Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for sharing the workaround that helped you out. I'm sure a lot of users will benefit from it too! 

Thank you again.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes