Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change pace to calories burned on dashboard

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

on the "spinning" category after my workout the dashboard shows pace where on my fitbit blaze it would show calories. I am not going anywhere lol so i'm not sure how it would track my pace if im on a stationary bike. Anyone know how to fix this ?

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

@Jennybean95

Could you be more specific where you're seeing this? Maybe post a screen shot of it? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

6EA4211A-7472-4D60-B1B0-956B4C5EA3B5.jpeg

I’d like it to daybreak calories burned like it used to on my FitbitBlaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you notice the mileage? Did the spin activity get recorded with GPS enabled? What exercise mode did you select to record spinning? Or did you allow SmartTrack to automatically track the spin activity?

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m on a stationary bike so there’s really nothing for the gps to track haha that’s why I’m confused I had the gps turned off 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jennybean95

I know this isn't going to help, but when I did Spin with my Surge it reported calories, too. Now that I use the Ionic, as with you, it reports steps when I do Spin. I see no way to change that either.

So it's likely something with the Fitbit app and the Ionic set up - the app seems to be able to change settings based on what tracker is connected.

@MarreFitbit Any ideas - other than "uninstall the app and Ionic?"

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner is it using "steps * stride" to come up with distance? Its either that or GPS. Either way, there is no mileage when you spin so there is a bug somewhere.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@bbarrera 

It seems to be using steps/stride from what I can tell. GPS is not active... you can't get a TCX file from a Spinning exercise. If there were GPS, you'd get something.

And it shouldn't use either. As you say, mileage is meaningless on a stationary bike. Cadence would be appropriate, but that's not a watch feature. 

I'm not holding out hope the Fitbit team will fix it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

its probably an easy fix for Fitbit, it was working on Blaze as far as I recall.

I reported the "no gps, no tcx" issue a long time ago, think it was done by design when Surge launched. Wish Fitbit would finally allow exporting any activity as tcx. The web api docs still incorrectly claim gps is required in a tcx file, which is not true (I also reported that years ago).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hopefully they fix it ! It was fine when I was using my blaze lol thanks for all the responses guys 🙂 maybe if we complain enough they’ll fix it haha

Best Answer
0 Votes

Gps was not enabled, I have it off. It was on “spinning” . So I’m not sure why it’s tracking the pace lol 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jennybean95 wrote:

Gps was not enabled, I have it off. It was on “spinning” . So I’m not sure why it’s tracking the pace lol 

@Jennybean95 its a bug that Fitbit needs to fix. Like somebody at Fitbit mistakenly flipped a switch that caused Spinning activity to display like a walk activity, where distance is estimated based on steps and pace is also displayed.

Best Answer

Hopefully they fix it 🤞🏽🤞🏽 Thanks for everyone’s help 🤗

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here - I sometimes wear my Blaze for spin, just because it gives the information I want more readily!

Ionic, Blaze, Charge HR, Flex. Android 7.0 (Samsung Galaxy S8)
Best Answer
0 Votes

I think what Fitbit is looking at is the false steps recorded. Does the dashboard havve steps recorded for this time period. 

Where you using the spinning mode to record spinning? 

I would add your vote to the ability to edit exercises suggestion. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just completed a spin (indoor cycle) class with my new Ionic today using the spinning mode.  It records distance traveled and pace....useless!...and bpm.  Yesterday I used my old Surge.  It records time, calories and avg bpm.  I cannot find a way to change the units recorded.  

From reading previous posts, it seems this may be a bug in the Ionic.  Any further ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It has to be a bug!! No one know how to fix it unfortunately 

Best Answer

I don't think it's a bug...I think any FitBit that has GPS built in will do this. My old Charge 2 didn't do this. It was only until I switched to an Ionic with GPS that it did this. Maybe I should experiemt with a Versa Lite or Versa 2 that doesn't have GPS built in???

But yes I agree Fit bit should allow the user to customized their dashboard the way they want.

Best Answer
0 Votes

use a different exercise than spinning like sport and it should show calories burned instead of pace

Best Answer
0 Votes