Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

have i been scammed ?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

i purchased a ionic a few years ago and has performed admirably until now, that is not the issue as i understand that technology has problems.

The issue is with Fitbit them selves.

i did the usual contact product support and asked how i can get it repaired, i was informed that my ionic has already been replaced.

This is news to mean i have certainly never contacted them before or been contacted by fitbit before let alone getting a replacement item.

i have gone through my emails from fitbit , that i never read as mainly marketing blurb, and i found a request to change my email dated @ 1 week before they say the item was replaced, i am thinking i have been scammed.

somebody has changed my email and requested a replacement item i think.

as fitbit are not talking to me anymore i have no clue as to what happened.

has anybody got any ideas as to how i should progress with this ?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @moose65  the warranty period on the Ionic is one year (USA) and two years (some European countries) so your warranty period is probably over if you got it a few years ago. There are no repairs for these devices. Other than that, the email address on your account can't be changed unless it's requested and Fitbit does send an email to confirm that request. Guess it's too late to reply to that email saying you didn't request the change of email address. I've notified a moderator to stop by to assist you in this. 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

when i searched my emails i found an email change request, i do not know the email address it was changed too and it seems a bit suspicious too me.

i just want to know how they claim to have sent me a replacement item when i have never requested one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Odyssey13 , nice to see you around. Thank you for your help and for informing us about this situation. 

Hello @moose65 , a warm welcome to the Community! Thank you for your comment and your research (about the Emails sent). 

I've informed our team and they notified me, that your case is being reviewed and you'll receive a reply as soon as possible. You will receive a message from our Support team. If you cannot find it on your inbox, please check your spam/junk folder, as sometimes the messages from Support are redirected there automatically. 

If you have any doubt regarding your case, please reply to the message from Support, as some personal information could be required and the Community is an open channel . 

Please keep us updated. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer