Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ionic not downloading music

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Have done all the troubleshooting up to resetting my ionic.  My device goes so far as saying "preparing music for download", yet it never downloads.  Have called fitbit help numerous times.   Watch seems to connect to my 2.4 wifi, yet, it seems to drop connection always. I have tried downloading music many times being 2 feet from wifi connection, and also in my bedroom, which is 15-20 feet from wifi.  No luck, Very frustrated that this problem can not be corrected.  

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Welcome to the Community @scottynm! Thanks for the troubleshooting that you've tried as well for contacting our Customer Service. I've shared your post with them and they've informed me that you were advised to perform a factory reset and then try it again. I would recommend to keep the communication via email as you already have a case created, so they can provide you with a solution. 

If you're having any issue calling our Support team, let me know. 

Keep me posted! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
I did try factory reset.  Still nothing.  Too frustrated to call back and spend another hour.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you tried putting the watch on charge?  I'm not sure what music you're trying to load on it but with Deezer playlists the watch needs to be on charge before it will download the playlists.

Matt | UK
A happy Ionic user (formerly Garmin Vivoactiv) and access to a hit-and-miss Versa
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, it reads preparing to download music on phone. Then  on ionic downloading music 0 percent

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did factory reset 2 times. Still says preparing for download, yet is never successful

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @scottynm! I appreciate the factory reset you've performed. I've shared your post with our Support team and they've mentioned you already have a case with them, I would like you to continue the communication via email and they will provide you with a solution. 

Your understanding is appreciated. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I have the exact same problem. Tried everything, but nothing seems to work. Is there already a solution?

Best Answer
0 Votes
it has not worked since mid February..always get phone off charge and it always says return to charger, downloading music. it never downloads, always zero percent. .had called so many times its a joke, tried every trouble shoot imaginable, spent probably 40 hours total trying to get it fixed. never fixed, never was offered to have it replaced.

scott
Best Answer

I have had the same problem.  Customer support told me I need better wifi. I'm sitting in my attic next to the router. Keep saying preparing to download music but never does. Drops the wifi. Did you fix it or get another brand?

Best Answer
0 Votes
No, it's not the wifi.  No it doesn't work.  When it did work, it wasn't that good.  I gave up, use my phone to stream.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Frustrated because my phone is huge and has terrible coverage where I live. 

Best Answer
0 Votes