Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

k.pay error keeps appearing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

k.pay error message keeps appearing on brand new ionic very annoying anyone know why and how to stop it ?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

@Wilse Welcome to the Fitbit family! That is very strange! Could you please share a picture of the error message?

Also, please try performing a restart on your Ionic. This could help you out!

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Santi, did complete restart and error sorted so all working well now thanks.
Wilse 

Sent from Samsung tablet.
Best Answer

@Wilse Thanks for your reply! I'm very glad to hear that it is all working properly. Now you can start enjoying your awesome watch! Hopefully, this will help other users as well!

Also, take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks Santifitbit, happier now it's working but did have to go through whole end to end process which does take a while.
Cheers
Wilse 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here you go @SantiR, restarting is only a temporary fix

<

20171228_152618.jpgI have never set up Fitbit pay

Best Answer
Hi Rich, that's the error spot on, fingers crossed problem not come back once in last few days.
Wilse.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been getting the same thing as well.

I restarted my fitbit ionic but it is still the same. It keeps vibrating and draining my battery plus its annoying.

Best Answer

This message is usually because the clock/app is still in its trial period and the connection to your phone can not be made by the App/clock. 

When the trial period is over you will be able to pay for it. Or simply remove the app/clock from the Ionic. 

Best Answer

I've had the same message but can't find the 5-digit code to pay for the clock face I would like. Does anyone have any suggestion on how to access the code?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

I decided not to pay the $1 for k pay.  I first got the message in the middle of the night, and it vibrated every hour on the hour. Waaay too annoying.  I'll pass!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Fentible not knowing what app / clock that is not free I'm unable to answer directly. As stated above.. After the free period is up it should automatically display a code and an address to pay for the app. I have one app. "find my car" that displays a padlock in the corner. To pay I simply had to tap on the padlock, then both the code and address was displayed. 

If your recalling having problems then reach out to the developer. 

Best Answer

Thanks Aaron and Rich, I just got the screen Rich showed in his picture above (with no padlock), I'll see if I can contact the dev.

It was the 'Ask' face, the old version rather than the new one with weather.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also had the Ask clock interface which prompted the k-pay error message continously. As k-pay doesn't support visa but only MasterCard in my country I was unable to pay as I don't have MasterCard.

Anyways, it helped when I changed the interface, so thanks for helping out. Really appreciate ut. Was growing annoyed of the constant vibration.

Considering creating my own interface if there's an open API I can use.

Best Answer

See http://dev.fitbit.com for instructions on how to make your own clock. You might also want to look at the sdk board, @Psymen

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, I'll be checking that out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! Thanks for your continuous participation on this thread regarding the k.pay message showing on your Ionic's screen.

I've made some research and it seems that the error is related to the clock face you are using. It seems that some watch faces may require a payment or may be only trial versions. Check this post for more details on this. 

I'd recommend trying to change the current clock face you are using. Once changed, the k.pay message should not show anymore.

Try that out and let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes