Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Interval Timer" not syncing to Strava

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I use the "Interval Timer" Exercise option.

I have the GPS option turned on.

After the workout on the FitBit dashboard I can see the GPS route I took, but the workout does not upload to Strava. That is contrasted with using the "Walk" or "Run" Exercise options, which DO auto-upload my GPS workouts to Strava.

I would simply use the Walk or Run exercise options on my Ionic to solve this problem, only in those cases I can't use the interval timers.

Help appreciated,

Thanks

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Currently there is a voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches. For more information, please visit our web page at help.fitbit.com/ionic.

I wanted to let you know that I'm going to close this thread to keep the Community organized and prevent any confusion. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
19 REPLIES 19

It's great to see you in the Community @Speedster1. Thanks for the details that you've mentioned, it's great to see that you're using Fitbit and Strava. 

Remember that only exercises that have GPS information will sync to your Strava account. If your interval timer workout has GPS data but it's still not syncing, please revoke access to Strava and set it up again

To revoke access, do the following: 

- Go to your online Dashboard 

- Click in applications > find Strava 

- Click in revoke access 

Let me know the outcome! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wasn't quite able to follow your instructions, maybe you could restate them? Also in a different post, @LanuzaFitbit stated that this was a problem fitbit was working to solve.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for getting back @Speedster1. As mentioned by the other Moderator in this post, our team is aware of this issue and working toward a resolution. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Best Answer

@SilviaFitbit Thanks for the response. I just had a few things to add.

I have a bunch of other suggestions for improvement I will get to at another time [edit: I think I posted most of them now]. But it is really important to get this Interval Timer GPS and Strava issue addressed, because I use the Interval Timer mode pretty much in every workout I do.

Another issue I can bring up is when using the Interval Timer, there is no Goal setting for overall time, the only Goal settings are for Distance and Calories. Also if you set a Distance goal using Interval Timer, the upper limit is only 5 miles, which is quite small. I usually don't think too much about calories in my workouts, I only see what has accumulated at the end of a day.

A third suggestion for improvement is to allow more than 2 segments in the Interval Timer mode. For instance 3 intervals may look like: Move (Faster), Move (Fast), Rest.

Another recommendation is to make more use of the HRM and the GPS. For instance make your intervals tied to a Heart Rate Zone. Like receive feedback from the Watch if you are within a heart rate zone (by percentage or just Beats Per Minute) for specific time intervals. For example you might have a goal to be in a high intensity zone for 5 minutes, followed by a lower intensity for 3 minutes, and the watch will give you live feedback that you are meeting that goal. Maybe for 5 minutes you aim to be between 150 and 175 Beats Per Minute, and then for 3 minutes you aim to be within 125 and 150 Beats Per Minute.

A last recommendation is to allow intervals tied to distance. So for example you can say if I was running or biking outside, I want to have a high intensity interval for a half mile followed by a low intensity interval for a quarter mile, and then have some overall goal, be it distance (e.g. 4 total miles) or net time (e.g. 45 total minutes) of the workout.

Thanks

Best Answer

@Speedster1 looks like what you need is a structurized workout feature which would be briliant 🙂 I base my running intervals on cadence to make it more efficient ( advice from my physiotherapist in order to prevent any further injury ). With Ionic, I am not able to do anything as the cadence is non-existent thing and interval support is so basic that useless ( 2 interval types, based only on time, really poor ). But hey, you got Bitmoji! I wouldn't expect much to be addressed. Fitbit's last big announcement shows what the actual direction is. Exactly now, when Garmin announced API for thirdparties to push workout plans directly to the watch without any need of installing additional apps ( I am not Garmin user... yet ). Structurize workouts that are coming from ie. Endomondo, Freeletics and tons of other apps sounds tasty.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for getting back @Speedster1. I appreciate the time that you took to share the detailed ideas in what you would like to see improvement. 

The best idea to make your voice heard is our Feature Suggestion board, those are viewed by our team then they are categorized based in Fitbit's plans. Please make sure to post them separate, this will give users the opportunity to vote and comment on them to support them. 

Thank you for your input @SunsetRunner. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi - has this issue been fixed yet? I can't download my interval runs from fitbit dashboard (they come up and the GPS is working) and they don't sync to strava. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see you around @taylacam. Thanks for the details mentioned. Sorry for the delayed reply. 

Strava exercises that are synced with Fitbit are labeled as a manually logged activity. Only GPS data recorded with a Fitbit device will be synced to the Strava app. 

I would like you to make sure that your device is syncing and that your accounts are linked. After this, try unlinking both accounts and connect them again. 

Let me know how it goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, presume this is NOT fixed yet? (Please don't ask me to unlink my account, just confirm if sync'ing Interval workouts is fixed or not.) If you don't know what this means to us consumers, it confirms that you are not 1) a Fitbit user yourself and 2) probably not an active person yourself that has even bothered to try out what we're complaining about! Please get a moderator on who knows what we're taking about.
Best Answer

Hi,

Walks, runs, bike rides all work fine. GPS enabled interval workouts do not. I've uninstalled and reinstalled. Unlinked and relinked. No improvements.

Best Answer
0 Votes
What?! Interval Timer does have GPS option, you have even mentioned this in
another post:
https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Ionic/quot-Interval-Timer-quot-GPS-and-Strava/td-p/3396216

Why would we not have GPS for interval exercises?

Is this functionality being pulled? This was an integral piece of my
decision to choose the FitBit ecosystem. I want GPS tracking for interval
exercises. I would like it if that also synced to Strava, and according to
your documentation all GPS activities should sync to Strava
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Em0ry42 Thanks for getting back. I appreciate the research done and I apologize for the confusion. 

I've merged your post to this thread because you're experiencing the same as other users here. I've checked this with my team and this has been shared already with them. We’re aware of it and are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My intervals doesn’t go on Strava either do we k ow when it will be up and working?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any news on this issue? I still cannot get my intervals on Strava and the details on the fitbit app do not give me the time splits but the calories,  why is that useful?!?! Can this be changed? Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's very disappointing that this has not been fixed yet as the first comment is almost 2 years old.

Best Answer

I mean, one more voice for being really disappointed this doesn't work. I need to ease into running given my weight and age. I need the interval feature so that I can alternate walking and running to build myself up, but it really isn't designed well to be used in concert with activities like running.

I wanted to the fit bit to replace my phone for running, but it's not doing that all. I get the Versa 3 is small and has limitations, but I dunno. It feels like intervals+gps tracking+strava should have been within reach. The data I need is visible in fitbit. There really should be a way to port into strava and it shouldn't take two years to figure that out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still not working. None of the activities like Outdoor Training, Intervals etc. involving GPS are not syncing to Strava.
Only one working are Bike, Run and Walk.

Great job Fitbit, two years passed and issue is still not solved.

Best Answer

It's been FOUR YEARS! Why isn't such a simple feature available yet?

Best Answer

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Currently there is a voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches. For more information, please visit our web page at help.fitbit.com/ionic.

I wanted to let you know that I'm going to close this thread to keep the Community organized and prevent any confusion. 

Best Answer
0 Votes