Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Reply Failed" When Clearing Messages from Quick Reply

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For the Development Team (or anyone else who may have an answer):

With the new Quick Reply feature I constantly get the following response when I "Clear All" messages from my Ionic....

Reply Failed:

Unable to execute request. Please retry on your phone

The messages are ultimately cleared but not without first receiving the above failure message....any fixes from anyone are appreciated. Thanks

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

I have had the same issue ever since the update came out. There was one other post about it but unfortunately  the Fitbit folks replied to him in a ticket so we don't know if there is an answer or not.

I still get that error every single time I clear messages.

@FredFornicola wrote:

For the Development Team (or anyone else who may have an answer):

With the new Quick Reply feature I constantly get the following response when I "Clear All" messages from my Ionic....

Reply Failed:

Unable to execute request. Please retry on your phone

The messages are ultimately cleared but not without first receiving the above failure message....any fixes from anyone are appreciated. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

What I have noticed is that this seems to happen when the notification has already been cleared from my phone. So, it seems like the Ionic is trying to clear a non-existent notification.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'll need to pay closer attention to that, thank you.

www.fitbyfred.net
Best Answer
0 Votes

Certainly not intending to imply that this is the sole reason; just something I noticed when I was trying to understand the same issue (which I still encounter).

I think, as many of us on the Ionic board are encountering, it appears to always be that there are more than one cause for issues we report that seem similar. At the end of the day, only the Fitbit development team will be able to fully determine the cause and hopefully correct the issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was hoping you were correct but I tested the email on my smartphone and they were unread but I still got the "Reply Failed" error when I did the "Clear All". 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem and am getting more and more frustrated about it! Each time when I 'clear all', I get an "Unable to execute request" error. 

When is this going to be fixed?

Best Answer
0 Votes