Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stopped tracking heart rate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Yesterday (Jan 27) my ionic stopped tracking my heart rate, but started tracking again after midnight. No idea why since I did not do anything other tan wear it. Battery charged so that not an issue. Suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @biofish51. Follow this link for instructions on how to clean the connections on your device. Sometimes that is the issue. I’ve also found that I need to make sure the strap is tight enough. I had mine too lose and the heart tracker would shift away from skin contact as I moved around at night. 

Best Answer
Thank you for the tips. It turned out to be a failure to completely sync. The data was in the watch and it came in when I was finally able to get it to sync. Turns out I have to unpair the ionic from my phone Bluetooth so that it thinks it is a new device. At least so far this has worked. This trick was posted by another user on the fitbit site. Silly to have to do this, but since having WiFi and Bluetooth turned on makes my phone battery drain in just a couple of hours i can unpair my ionic each time I turn on Bluetooth to sync, which I only do once or twice a day.
Best Answer

My fit bit also stopped measuring heart rate. Restarted three times with no luck. Took the fit bit off and clean the back where the sensors are with a damp cloth. Fit bit working perfectly.

Best Answer

What a great suggestion, @PaullutiquechVT! I tend to use a lot of hand lotion, especially in the cold weather. Cleaning the sensors makes perfect sense. 

Best Answer