Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stuck on startup screen reset does not work

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

As the instructions on this site are close to worthless I thought I would share mine. To setup my ionic I had to do the following. Note that I nearly typed iconic as in the setup of this device is iconic and takes me back to the setup of my first PC in the early 80's.

1. Turn on device

2. download fitbit app on cell phone

3. run app

4. add device in app

5. select device - phone will search for device

-Problems?  Check the compatibility list, fitbit is compatible with IOS and about 20 android devices.  If your device isn't compatible, find an old phone, I'm using a galaxy S7.

6. connect device to WiFi as prompted, supposedly this is faster than Bluetooth- not sure if both phone and fitbit need to be connected to wifi at the same time? I didn't try but it failed.

7. Connect device to Bluetooth, turn Bluetooth on on phone, connect through the app

8. after a successful connection you must update the device.  This process is reminiscent of the Fallout 76 patches which were released approx one day after the game hit the shelves and were 50 gig.  Plan on the update taking at least an hour and don't touch the phone or the device during that time.  If you do you will have to delete everything and start over from scratch.

9. Someday the update should finish and I will be able to see the phone.  

So far the fitbit is making a HUGE difference, I just spent 2 hours trying to set it up and now I don't have time to work out.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

update on the update - at 50 minutes I'm half way through the update so this may take less than 2 hours 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

after turning on wifi and bluetooth, creating a bluetooth connection with the watch AND deleting ALL of my other bluetooth connections on the phone I was able to get the sync to work.  A pretty drastic solution.  Also thanks Fitbit for letting me know that my original post which was made by me received a reply from me and asking if that reply from me solved my problem.  Intelibots!

Best Answer
0 Votes