Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

treadmill tracking

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Both my iconic and my husbands is not working properly with the treadmill app.  It stops tracking before you have even done 1k...

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

@Pattirose, are you using the Treadmill Exercise Mode to start & stop the activity, or are you allowing SmartTrack to automatically track the exercise?

Best Answer

I am using the exercise mode to start and stop my treadmill track..

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is interesting, @Pattirose. I don't understand why it would stop tracking, unless the bottom right button is pressed to pause it.

Best Answer

@Pattirose That is odd, I use my Ionic three days a week with my treadmill and have not had an issue with it.  It does an excellent job with clocking my HR and is very consistent with what my treadmill says as well.  How many times have you tried it on the treadmill?  Does it happen all the time?

Best Answer
0 Votes

We are on the treadmill 5 - 6 days a week and have not had this problem...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had the same issue ever since the last update.  Used to get a vibration at 5 minute intervals. After the update, I get a vibration at the first 5 minute interval, then the Exercise app closes and no more interval notifications.  The watch still auto-senses the workout and I get credit for it in the app, but would still be nice to get the timed interval notifications.  Am going to try removing the Treadmill exercise from the list of exercise shortcuts and then re-adding to see if that fixes anything.  Would be interested to see if anyone else has encountered this problem and found a solution.

Best Answer
0 Votes

As a follow up, looks like removing the treadmill option from exercise shortcuts, resyncing, adding treadmill exercise, and then resyncing again still did not solve the problem.  Guess this will be a known bug until (hopefully) the next update?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there going to be an update soon to resolve this problem...could it have to do with the watch not calibrating as well, however Fitbit told me to ignore the calibration program that it would be fixed with next update.

very frustrated...both my husband and I have one of these watches...a lot of money to spend for not so great a quality...really should of looked at garmin..

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Pattirose wrote:

Is there going to be an update soon to resolve this problem...could it have to do with the watch not calibrating as well, however Fitbit told me to ignore the calibration program that it would be fixed with next update.

very frustrated...both my husband and I have one of these watches...a lot of money to spend for not so great a quality...really should of looked at garmin..

@Pattirose, Garmin, of course, is always an option, but what/which problem is an update needed for?  I use the Treadmill 3 or 4 days a week, and have not experienced any problems with the Ionic tracking & recording the exercise.

Your most recent post to this thread was:

@Pattirose wrote:

We are on the treadmill 5 - 6 days a week and have not had this problem...

What changed between April 5th and today that requires an update to fix which problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The iconic will no longer track exercise when walking or using the treadmill.  This defeats the purpose of having this watch. 

After the last update was when the iconic started asking you to do a calibration, which when you attempt does not work.  

Best Answer
0 Votes