Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi issue and Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My ionic doesn't connect to wifi, I spent my entire afternoon to fix it. But waste of time. Is it a problem with my watch or this the issue of Ionic???????

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

It means it's incompatible with your wifi security or encryption. I've proven this by removing all security and having an open network and the watch then connects fine.

I think it needs TKIP WPA security and encryption but my router only does AES or TKIP+AES encryption and it's a no go on this watch.

Asus router here.

Best Answer

Well I can confirm as you did when you set to an open wifi the ionic does connect. I have the asus rt-ac5300 which has awesome range. It does allow the TKIP+AES if you choose WPA-Auto-Personal on the encryption but I am sorry to say my ionic still could not connect until I removed all encryptions...I am going to contact asus because we also have trouble with our chromecasts dropping and can't be seen from our phones. I already had to disable the 5ghz networks for the chromecast issues...

Best Answer
0 Votes

sorry misread your original post that your router also does TKIP+AES yup agreeing this does not work. calling asus 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok got it to work. with the asus rt-ac5300.

I used WPA2 Personal with AES only

I followed these directions to tune my router. They have notes about iPhones, etc below the screen shots. I have a galaxy s8+ but I did all these settings that were recommended for the apple products and I am able to connect my ionic to wifi and also now see all my chromecasts from my galaxy s8+ as well. I hope this works for others. I forgot that if you have 5ghz turned on, just give a different name than your 2.4ghz network. fitbit can only connect to 2.4ghz

https://www.rickygao.com.au/blog/tuning-the-asus-wireless-router-to-best-performance/

Best Answer