Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

won't update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am trying to get my ionic to connect with my phone.  It keeps saying update failed.  I am trying to get it to connect so I can set it up.  It shows that it is connected when I go to my dashboard on the computer, but the ionic itself will not sync so I can set it up.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Since the subject is about the phone not connecting, may I ask what type of phone do you have?

You say that it is s connection problem, but what is it your trying to do?

Are you on the process of setting up the Ionic to your Fitbit account?

Updating the firmware?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue. I've done everything. EVERYTHING. Samsung S9+. Soft reset, Hard, delete from Bluetooth and app, redownload app, sync it (works for about an hour, then wont sync again) wipe it from your account through a browser, 3 button and 2 button reset. Usually end up with the red x error. I've also used all day sync and the background sync options and those dont really seem to change the outcome. I'm thinking it's due to the update, since I've seen similar (but not to this extent) issues with the Fire, Blaze, and Surge. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My ionic would not sync also. I turned on the wifi on my phone and it just completed the full sync.

To test, I turned the wifi off, the tracker would not sync.

Turned on the wifi again and the tracker synced.

Hope this helps...would like to know.

So: turn on your wifi on your phone and try to sync. Be sure the tracker is on the same wifi.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So, odd development. Wiped multiple times, got the new OS to take over Wifi, but the app is having NONE off that funny business. Said the update didn't take, but the Ionic itself completed it. Been using the watch at work for a timer for the time being...but the Heart Rate monitor is FUBAR. It says my heart rate, while resting, is the 160-180 range. I'm a bigger guy, used my phones sensor, 80. Wat?

Best Answer
0 Votes