Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wrist straps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Some of the wrist straps for ionic are of poor quality, on some of them the the spring that 

secures the strap to the watch fails in a very short time.

On others the small metal stud that secures the end of the band falls out and then will not stay 

secure for future use. I think fitbit themselves should ensure that all straps are manufactured to

the highest standards. When purchasing the straps online we have no idea of the quality we can expect.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @welchyboy1, good to see you in the community.

Are you referring to official fitbit bands or 3rd party ones? Personally I've not had any issues with the connecting part of my bands, but they are all official bands. You could try reaching out to customer support who will be able to check what warranty options are available to you regarding your band. Obviously when it comes down to 3rd party ones, fitbit have no control over the manufacturing process or quality of the band. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi there, thank you for your reply, did not realise that some straps are not
'official' . How do we tell if straps are 3rd party when purchasing? should
then we only purchase from Fitbit ?.

Thank you again for your response
Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't speak for the 3rd party bands as I have no experience with them, although I think some are of a decent quality but can vary greatly.

The easiest way to buy an official fitbit band would be from fitbits own store (here) you should be able to change country at the bottom of the page. If buying from Amazon search for "Official fitbit Ionic band" and make sure that the description states this. I'm not saying there aren't any decent 3rd party bands available though, and one benefit is that they are certainly a lot cheaper.

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes