Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Luxe-Inaccurate Heart Rate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I bought a Luxe and it shows hugely inaccurate heart rates, every few minutes it climbs up to 120 and stays there a little while and then comes back down to 50. I checked it against my husbands Samsung watch and my oximeter and the Luxe is most definitely wrong. I have updated, disconnected and added as a new device, changed straps, nothing helps. I returned and was sent another as a replacement and the new one is doing the exact same thing. I do have heart rate irregularities but nothing major, I would imagine a tracker shouldn’t have a problem but maybe my irregularities are stopping it from working properly. Anyone else have this issue? 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @SunsetRunner.

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced with your Fitbit Luxe. Thank you for trying to get them resolved before contacting us.

Heart-rate tracking can be affected by several factors including air temperature and device location on your wrist. For more information, please visit this article and open the menu "How do I improve the accuracy of a heart-rate reading?".

In addition, please follow these tips to resolve heart-rate tracking issues.

Hope this helps.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I did go through all of these and none of those things are the issue unfortunately, I did contact your help service when the first one wasn’t working correctly and made sure I had done everything they wanted me to do so I am at a bit of a loss. I thought it just be a fault but when the second one arrived it did the exact same as the first. I tried asking Fitbit if it was not working because it can’t cope with irregular heart beats but they won’t answer that so I am unsure if it’s a Fitbit problem or a me problem. 

Best Answer

Thanks for your response, @SunsetRunner.

The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Please click here to get connected.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is not you. I am having a similar situation. My Luxe is new and I knew before purchasing it that my heart rate was slow (runs in the family).  I wanted to stop using my oximeter and purchased the Luxe. The Luxe is telling me my heart rate is in the 80’s and 90’s when I am not even mobile, yet I know my normal heart rate is always in the 40s and if I am active, it reaches low 60s. I have tried resetting my Luxe and resynching it, adjusting the band, and it still is not correct. When I munched on a cracker, my heart rate increased from 83 to 110. I don’t know what to do so perhaps it doesn’t know how to read my slow heart rate to begin with. I’m about ready to return it for a refund. Tracking my heart was the main reason I purchased it.  If anyone has a solution, please advise. 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @SunsetRunner.

Thank you for the information provided.

I noticed that you've been in touch with Customer Support. I'm pretty sure they've done their best to provide a high level of support. Thank you for your patience while dealing with this situation.

Have a nice day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It was definitely a Fitbit problem for me, I did send them back. It just couldn’t track my personal heart rate. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for letting me know. I guess for me, the Fitbit can't read a low
heart rate and if it's not going to be accurate, that is concerning first
of all and secondly a good reason to return mine as well. I will also look
into other options vs Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the problem that my luxe will read 100 bpm when I know its more like 150 bpm.  I’ve got a call in for support, but I’m not optimistic.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @JulBaSch.

Thank you for the information provided.

I noticed that you've been in touch with Customer Support. I'm pretty sure they will do their best to provide a high level of support. Thank you for your patience while dealing with this situation.

Have a nice day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Luxe is doing the same thing.  I’ve tried EVERYTHING.  Shows my heart rate at 110-112 when I’m sitting down and feeling my pulse (normal is 55-65 for me).  So frustrating 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @KathleenU.

Our team is aware of this issue with the heart-rate showing too high readings while resting, but may not be able to provide a fix in the immediate future. We'll continue to monitor the situation, and keep our team informed of the impact to you and other customers. We understand that this isn't the resolution you're hoping for, but rest assured we're always working to improve our products.

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Have a nice day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

mine is doing the same thing too.  I've been wearing my daughters apple watch on one arm, and fit bit on the other.  Every so often I get a random heart rate above 160.  Really weird.  Today I was sitting eating breakfast.  I was watching the apple watch which showing 60bpm, and the fitbit at the time was showing 140bpm.  So many issues with this device, my old alta HR was great, but the Luxe is so poor (in 4 months, I've had 2 devices and a lot of issues, wish I'd never bought it - I thought with a 2 year warranty it would be fine, but after 5 weeks it was exchanged for another or I could get 30% off a different fitbit, not a great deal) - think its going to be replaced by an apple watch (which aesthetically isn't so good, but is reliable)

Best Answer

is there an update as to when you 'may be able to have a fix'?

Best Answer

I’ve had this issue as well. My tracker has that my HR is one thirty through one sixty, but when I sync it to the app, it shows much lower. The max the app says it’s been is 118 when I know I’ve been over 170.

Best Answer

The device does not work.  Google is working on it.  I may be fixed, it may not be fixed.  In my experiebnce expect it not to be fixed.

Best Answer