Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

120 lbs to lose, motivation, encouragement, and friendships invited.

I have struggled with weight my whole life. Im an emotional eater thats my first down fall. My next down fall is I love food and I am no way perfect at enjoying its deliciousness in moderation. My third and fourth downfalls are soda and fast food. With all that said it has been a horrible struggle. My current Weight 268 pounds. Thats pretty big to admit but I cant hide myself. If acheivement is to be succeeded might as well put it all out there. I purchased a Fitbit Force last year... and have used it very minimally. In the year 2014 I was all talk... and very little walk. This year I need a change. Im making 2015 the year of change. I would like to eat healthier, get moving, cut out the soda and fastfood ( not completely because there are just some things in life that is nice to enjoy every now and then but learn to have in moderations without going over board). Ive tried blogging, and having facebook friends for motivation but that doesnt help when the people are super close to you..... I'm looking for friendships that can be built here, motivation, recipe sharing, challenges we can create against one another, and through it all lose the weight and gain friendships that maybe could last a lifetime. For safety of internet at the moment I wont use my name. I go by craftyturtlez.... the reasoning Im crafty, love to crochet, knit, paint, sing, and make just about anything i can get creative with... the turtlez is because i like turtlez... Im 29 years old turning 30 in a few months, no children at the moment, married and really do enjoy life... just dont have much energy something im trying to work on. I love to cook and am the primary chef in my household. I work too, sit at a desk job all day... all that sitting creates more sitting... it can be quite tiring. I love the outdoors, camping and skiing ( havent been on skis since teenage years). Anyway thats just a little bit about myself. If your in the same boat and want to build friendship and seek out motivation or just have someone to talk to on a super rough day or even a super good day. Im always around.... Friend me and lets make 2015 be a year of amazements 🙂 Thanks for taking the time to read this post.

Best Answer
47 REPLIES 47

Just a quick word of encouragement.  Step by step.  One day at a time.

Keep us posted on your successes!

Best Answer

Hello there Craftyturtlez. I have just begun my weight loss journey using a fitbit. Like you I bought mine a while back but never really used it. I was never overweight until I had my third back surgery. That's when I started to pack on weight in my 30's. Now at 45 years old I'm 380lbs which is difficult for me to understand how I let myself get here. I need to lose 160lbs. I wish you luck in your journey to lose weight 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow Craftyturtles!

Our stories are really similar. I'm sitting at 252 pounds, my heaviest ever, and it's time to put my money where my mouth is! I'm turning 30 in just a few months and would love to see some real changes before then.

How is 2015 going for you so far? I have made SO MUCH mental and emotional progress, and am really feeling the shift to a healthier lifestyle set in. It's making the better choices easier to make, however the scale only says two pounds after three weeks. but hey, I'm feeling better, and making way better choices.

I also have a desk job, where I don't have time during the day to be too active. I walk daily on my lunch break either outside or indoors at a local walking track.

I would love to connect to do some challenges, exchange recipes, (or maybe even crochet patterns since I'm also an inspiring martha stewart:) ) 

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best Answer

Welcome !  You can do this.  One step at a time.  You can add me if you want and msg me when you are struggling.

You got this.

Best Answer

Hey craftyturtlez, I know you can do this!   I started out at 288 lbs. and now I am down to 212 lbs.  Take one day at a time.  Eat as healthy as you can, make it a lifestyle change.  But it is okay to have  "cheat day".   My husband and I have our "cheat day"  on Sunday's.  Since I have lost this weight I feel so much better and have so much more energy!  I still have a way to go, but I take it one day at a time.  I know you can do it too!!  Good luck to you!!!!

Best Answer

You've made a huge step reaching out for Accountability...not a lot of people can do that!

Make small daily goals. Especially with the Fitbit. I love checking my steps! I try to beat yesterdays steps or get more stairs in;-)

I've just wrote a littel blog to help myself and others start their healthy journey. Check it out if you want!

http://happyhealhyandfocused.blogspot.com/2015/01/7-simple-ways-to-start-your-healthy.html

Best Answer

I wish you luck as well JLMJR. Weight loss is definitely a journey and from experience fighting it over the last few years has been a roller coaster. Before I would have many of the roller coaster up and downs, so I figured this time I was going to make it different... and came here looking for that motivation, encouragement and friendship. Everyday you look around and there are people in the same perdicaments but its nice to actually have those situations verbally out there... just in the open world to be able to collaberate on and be inspired.

Best Answer

Areyou85 it is so nice to know that there is someone out there in the same boat. I would definitely love to get together more and inspire eachother. That is so awesome that you are down in weight. I have to honestly say to me the number on the scale isnt the most important part of the journey. Sure it would be nice to see it where it needs to be but i think losing the way it so much more then that. It is a mentality change and pretty much life overhaul to become that better person both inside and out! Way to go! I know that when i was losing weight a couple of years ago sure the scale showed it but what made it worth the most while was when i felt more energized or walking into my favorite store and bein able to put on a pair of pants that actually fit.. ( now they hang in the closet as my motivation to get back into them lol) but the point im getting at is sometimes the number on the scale didnt change but the inches on my body did.. ( could of retained water, or built up muscle.. there are a numerous amount of things that could of changed it.) the point is i tried not to let the scale get to me by looking at the bigger picture around me of the progress I had made..... and then I got a desk job so now its just finding that routine and getting back in to grove as you well know... but we can do this I have faith in us! ( by the way ill friend you lol)

As for how I am currently doing.... this week is a bit stressful I have a huge state exam to take tomorrow morning and its everything inside of me not to want to eat because of the stress..... so far im slacking.... but ill bounce back im not going to let it bring me down as it would before....which is why i created this discussion... well part of why.... lol anyway Good luck cant wait to chat soon!

Best Answer

I also just realized areyou85 that we are friends hahaha thats awesome!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you getfit2015 and congratulations on your success!!! Way to rock it! That is very inspiring and motivational. Yes one day at a time for sure.... I still learn that the hard way sometimes lol but this isnt a sprint its a marathon and might as well enjoy it...dreading it only makes the hike worse!

Best Answer
0 Votes
You can do this!! Feel free to add me. Just remember, one day at a time.
Competitive Crossfitter
Novice Runner
Getting Better EVERY Day
Best Answer

First thing I can say is...you can do it. I lost 140lbs over 4 1/2 years ago by straight up diet changes followed by moving more. My best advice is to make new changes each month and know that people who are closest to you will try to sabotage you and they might not even realize they are. Just stick with your goals and make lots of small ones as you go. Like first goal is to lose 5 lbs etc. I too was a emotional eater and gained alot of weight when my youngest daughter was born with life threatning heart problems. You will have to find a way to deal with that because it doesn't magically get better because you become thin but it is something you can deal with so don't let that scare you. Good luck to you and you can do it!!!! I am new to fitbit as of yesterday but I love this site and feel free to contact me anytime...it's good to have a support system.

Best Answer
I'm glad I'm not the only one in this position. I am at my heaviest 257. I want to regain my health this year!
Best Answer

Hang In there, its a day at a time a step at a time! Thanks for sharing your story!

Best Answer
This is my struggle as, well. I'd love to join in on those challenges. I'm new and I'm just discovering the forums. I'd love to keep in touch-please add me
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks everyone! Its been nice making new friends on here. I apologize I have been a bit out of the loop these past few days. Studying for a state exam kinda takes the life out of you lol. Tomorrow is the big test day so far I have taken this test two times and only passed 2 of the 4 sections... Ill be taking the other 2 remaining sections tomorrow.....Tomorrow it will be all over there is not FAIL in it this time lol.... I will keep you posted. My steps should go up to cuz when this is over with im hitting the gym! Stay awake for those challenges they are coming... ive started two already so most of you that have added me as a friend should be getting those invites!! At any rate have a great evening and stay motivated!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is a group forum called "100+ pounds to lose".  It has been helpful to me in terms of finding friends who are in a similar situation as me.  It has some chat threads that are commonly used and we meet on once in a while as well as we challenge each other to daily and weekly showdowns.  Would love to see you on there.  Just start taking the steps and add ativity and see your life as being whole in terms of eating well.  Here for you! and Here's to you!

Best Answer
Not sure how to add a friend without email address. 
Aretuta@gmail.com

Sent on a Sprint Samsung Galaxy S® 5
Best Answer
0 Votes

Created a Group if interested check it out!

Journey to 2016

Best Answer