Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2000 calorie deficit?!

Hi,

I am looking for some more information on a 2000 calorie deficit, i feel healthy and am not tired throughout the day for starters and manage a healthy working life without issues.

I am training for holiday and pushing to loose quite a bit of weight i am already half a stone lighter and 1% body fat down in 3 weeks (1 treat day a week) 

My diet consists of very high protein and minimal carb percentage.

I burn on average and minimum 2000 - 2500 calories more than i eat 

Diet::

6am - fasted cardio hiit (run & walk) 1000 calories with plenty of water

7:30am - 4 egg whites scrambled 

11am - 1 tin tuna 

1pm - chicken breast and mixed veg 

3:45pm  - protein shake low carb 40g proten 2 scoops myprotein 

5pm - weight train (creatine 2 weeks on 2 weeks off, plenty of water) depending on workout between 600-800 calories 

7:30pm - 4 egg omelette (2 whites 2 yolks) 1 tin tuna 

9:30/10pm - bed 

I feel good in the morning and have no aches and body feels not too worn obvious aches from weights etc 

16st 4lb  

18% body fat 

5ft 10

Any thoughts let me know, looking to get down to 15st and 14% body fat to be comfy for a holiday i am going on....

Thanks in advance 

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

@hcroasdale

In time, this way of eating will make you seriously ill.

What research did you do to decide to eat this way? Be specific.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@hcroasdale wrote:

Hi,

16st 4lb  

18% body fat 

5ft 10

Any thoughts let me know, looking to get down to 15st and 14% body fat to be comfy for a holiday i am going on....

Thanks in advance 

First, I think you are in the wrong forums for that kind of advice.  Body building sites will probably get you better advice to get to that level.

Second, why did you choose these as your goal?

Best Answer

There is not enough micro and macro nutrition in your diet. I am also confused about what you want to do- lose weight or build muscle because doing them at the same time is nearly impossible. If you are not building muscle then why are you eating so much protein. What happens after your vacation? And what happens while you are on vacation? If you are going for a lifestyle change, these are things you want to consider. If you just want to look better on the beach- then short term you should be OK, but I would encourage you to revisit this for a healthier lifestyle.

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

@Mukluk4 wrote:

First, I think you are in the wrong forums for that kind of advice.  Body building sites will probably get you better advice to get to that level.

I agree with @Mukluk4 that if you are 18% body fat at 103 kg /  228 lbs, your question would be better asked on a bodybuilding.com forum or equivalent. Even assuming you could drop 4% of BF in a few weeks, I don’t think it would be worth the pain you’d be inflicting yourself with a 2000 calories deficit. Just focus on the holiday after this one, giving it plenty of time.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

@emili wrote:

If you are not building muscle then why are you eating so much protein.

It would indeed be tough to build any amount of muscle on a 2000 calories deficit, but a higher protein intake during weight loss can help preserve existing muscle mass and make the deficit more sustainable (due to the satiating effect of protein). However, the deficit looks way too extreme to me. Better shoot for the next beach season, not this one.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Looking at the original post from @hcroasdale , that includes specific knowledge of his body fat composition and a specialized exercise and nutrition regimen, I rather suspect he already looks like a body-builder.  Reading between the lines, he probably doesn't need to build muscle, but to lose the subcutaneous fat to get more definition.  In the weeks leading up to a competition or event, these guys will alter their routine from calorie surplus to a large deficit to "cut" fat with almost no loss in muscle mass.

As @Mukluk4 suggested, there are specialty body-building sites that can better answer these questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No bodybuilder would go into the kind of deficit. Their bodies would start breaking down both fat and muscle for energy. It's a downward spiral.

The only way I could see trying this is maybe for a couple of weeks out from a competition. If you're not competing, what are you looking for @hcroasdale?

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer