Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2023 - Smart scales that easily sync with Fitbit?

I've been looking at various smart scales, but can't seem to find direct answers for some of them when it comes to syncing with Fitbit. Does anyone have any recommendations given the following constraints?
1. I'm looking for something that will synchronize through wi-fi. I seldom have my phone with me in the morning when I weigh myself. 
2. I'd prefer not to have to open 2 apps and sync each time, but that may be my only option?
3. I'm looking at scales that I would  purchase today - so any scale that's been working for many years probably isn't the same one sold today (looking at you, Aria Air). 
4. Scale would be used by 2 people, but only one would sync to a Fitbit account.

Any thoughts or leads? 

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

I use Renpho and it bluetooth's to my phone. I use the Renpho app and then the info immediately goes to Fitbit so it works for me.  It is a smart scale that gives a lot of info in the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I recently bought these and I have been very impressed with them. They are a lot cheaper than the official Fitbit ones.

Scales for Body Weight... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09DS6TPJV?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

They support multiple people (profiles). They sync with Google fit, Samsung health and Fitbit. I do not need to open two apps. In fact my phone is usually in the other room as I do it post gym shower. Unfortunately they only work via Bluetooth, But since I leave Bluetooth on to connect to my pixel watch 2, this is not an issue. Have a look and see what you think....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Get anything other than Aria Air. These scales are a lemon. They do not automatically connect to Bluetooth. Even after establishing a connection using force stop, the following day connection is lost. These complaints have been recorded for several years and I am unable to find a fix. I didn't buy these so I could perform a work around every time I weighed in, poor, very poor Fitbit.😡

Best Answer

Just to circle back to this, I purchased the QardioBase X Smart WiFi Scale (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09XMWB8YH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1).

This scale connects to my Qardio account via WiFi, and I can use my app or desktop to view the results and history, including graphs of multiple body measurements (muscle mass, bone weight, water %, etc.). I just step on it every morning and then depending on the display, I cheer or pout.

The data goes to the Qardio app - It does not sync with the Fitbit app, like I had hoped. So I track my weight metrics in one app, and my exercise-related metrics in another.

I haven't tried this scale with multiple users so I can't report back on that requirement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@R.I.P.O.F.F  I think you might be a lemon. There is no way the Aria Air can. All be that bad if FitBit still sells it. I actually just bought one so I don’t have it yet so I will see. I ordered mine from Amazon. 

Thomas (Atomic77) West Bend, Wisconsin: Fitbit Versa 2 and Aria Air Scale
Best Answer
0 Votes

It is an absolute lemon. Connects one day and not the other. Good luck with yours…

Best Answer

I have the Fitindex scale. I bought it on Amazon for $20. It uses Bio-impedance and records the following: weight, BMI, Body Fat%, Fat Free Body weight, Subcutaneous Fat, Visceral Fat, Body Water, Skeletal Muscle, Muscle Mass, Bone Mass, Protein, BMR and Metabolic age. I cross referenced the readings with the unit at the gym. the only number that was off was the Visceral Fat. My scale said 11 and their scale 13. My PCP said I should assume the one at the gym is more accurate. Other than that all the numbers were spot on or very close. The app was an easy download an start up. I'm not sure how far away the phone needs to be for it to register. I step on the scale and the phone pings. All the measurements are updated. It sync's to My Fitness Pal and updates that app with your weight as well. I find it helpful to know when I don't lose the amount of weight that I expected to know that half was added muscle. Hope this helps. 

Donna

Best Answer

I use the Fitindex as well and really like it. However, it stopped updating my Fitbit after they joined Google. I tried turning it off and on but nothing works.

Have you encountered this problem? I’m concerned that Google won’t support Fitindex.

Appreciate feedback.

Hopemore88
Best Answer
0 Votes

I purchased the Fitbit Aria Air Smart Scale in July and have had no issues with it syncing to my phone, even when in a different room, as long as the Fitbit app is open on it. I would recommend it to everyone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have the aria scale and like yours mine never syncs.

It's only synced litterally 2 times in the 6 months ive had it and I weigh myself daily.

Other than them not syncing they are a pretty good scale, they seem to be consistently accurate, which is what really matters.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Aria Air is the dumbest smart scale on the market. We have an Aria1 that is 10+ years old that functions better that the brand new Air we just returned. No wifi, no BF%, and we weighed ourselves 3x each and received 3 different weights each time, with as much a 7lb difference! 

Aria Air is 1000% a lemon. 

Best Answer

Thanks for the review. I have the previously compatible Fitindex, as mentioned above, but am thinking about a new scale so my details will sync with my Fitbit Charge 4 again. It’s really too bad, as I truly like the Fitindex. I don’t understand why it’s no longer supported since they recommended it several years ago. Everywhere you turn, corporations are causing us to spend more money, unnecessarily, in my humble opinion.

Hopemore88
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Donna, does your Fitindex still sync with your Fitbit? If it does, then I need to do more research to find out why mine doesn’t. Before I buy a new and different smart scale, I’d appreciate your input.

thank you, Hope

Hopemore88
Best Answer
0 Votes

Never mind! I was able to get my FITINDEX smart scale to start synchronizing with my Charge 4 Fitbit again.

I spent an unproductive, frustrating hour with Fitbit’s online Chat support. I couldn’t get them to focus on the scale. They just kept focusing on the app and Charge 4 being connected. Drove me crazy. I couldn’t even get them to say Yes or No on the scale still being supported.

I finally went to YouTube and watched the video on how to set up the scale again. Everything was fine but then I decided to remove the device and basically reset the permissions for the scale by toggling Fitbit Off and On again. Yippee, I’m back on track; my scale is communicating with my Fitbit once again!

Hopemore88
Best Answer
0 Votes