Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

225lb 13 year old

Hello, im 13 years old and 220lbs possibly more i haven't been weighed in about a month or 2, i want to start losing weight but indint know where to start, plus im having a panic attack over how dangerous my weight is can someone give me tips im not that tall either.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hello and welcome to the forums @SpaceDonkey 

Be proud of yourself for being brave and facing your fears straight on and for coming by these forums for additional support.

First of all, you need to tell your parents about your concerns. You can also talk to your school guidance counselor, but you really need to talk to your health care professional. This way, you can get weighed and see what options are available to you.

You might find joining a support group for losing weight would be helpful. Choose one that has younger people in it and one where you can go to share your concerns. You'll find that you're not alone and there are others who would like to help you in facing your fears.

If you're having panic attacks, you really need to get yourself evaluated. You've come here for advice and you'll more than likely get lots of it on these forums. You might want to read the Lifestyle Discussion forum area where recipes and work out tips are shared.

There is usually someone around the forums, since many countries are represented. I'm in the United States, but I know several members who live in England, New Zealand, Australia and Japan. You didn't say where you lived. You in the states, too?

One thing that might be helpful is to begin logging your food and increasing your activity level. Don't expect fast results, because you're looking for long lasting results. Slower than you might want, but it is better to take it one step at a time.

Which Fitbit are you using? Sounds like you've already started on your road to success and you can do this!

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Never mind.Wrong post.

Best Answer
0 Votes