Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

45 yrs 208.8 lbs how much calories in and calories burned to lose 2 lbs a week? thanks

help! 45 yrs 208.8 pounds how many calories in and calories burned to lose 2lbs a week? thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

@tabbas, I moved your post to this forum, since the question is not hardware related. It will get more responses here. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome @tabbas -- Your Fitbit device should measure your total calories burned (will probably be between 2,500 and 3,000 calories per day or more with exercise).  To lose 2 pounds per week, you will need to eat 1,000 less than what you burn per day.  You can set that up in the Food Plan as the "Extreme" Plan Intensity.  (in the dashboard, hover over the knife & fork widget and click on the gear thingie).

To lose a pound, you need to accumulate a 3,500 calorie deficit.  2 pounds a week is 7,000 calories, or 1,000 calories per day.

Suggestion:  if you are new to Fitbit, you will have a lot of questions initially as you learn the product, smartphone app, and browser app.  If you give it a week, you'll find most of the questions answer themselves.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Eat only 75g of Carbohydrate per day. Get most if not all of your Carbs from a colorful array of Vegetables, and some from Fruits. Eat about 50-75g of Protein, and get the rest of your calories from healthy Fats like avocado, butter, eggs, coconut oil, clean meat, nuts, and dark chocolate. Stay away from rice, corn, potatoes, oats, grains, flour, beans, peas, seeds, and sugar or sweeteners. Some honey and sugar occurring in fruits is OK. Use this along with some regular exercise like walking. I did this and lost 2 lbs per week for 10 weeks!
Best Answer

@likeAnEgyptian wrote:
I did this and lost 2 lbs per week for 10 weeks!

It’s great you found an approach that worked well for you, but there’s no best way of doing things. In fact, there are many different approaches that will let us achieve the same goal. Some people have great success with intermittent fasting, while others also have success eating 5-6 times a day, which is the exact opposite. Same with low-carb/high-fat vs. high-carb/low fat etc.

I’m just curious as to why rice, potatoes, oats, grain, beans, peas and seeds would be deemed "bad" or unhealthy, and why butter, coconut oil and honey would be healthy, as I’d personally consider it’s the opposite, but it just shows there’s no universal truth in nutritrion.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
I was 48 yrs 182 lbs when I did this. Now I am 53 yrs 147 lbs.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @tabbas!

Similar to you, I'm 44 yrs and started at 211 lbs on October 1. Today is December 15 and I'm now at 195.8 lbs. Here's the short version of how I did it. 

I looked up all sorts of information about resting metabolic rate and required calories and high carb, low fat and high fat, low carb and... Well I was overwhelmed and took a step back. I tried again and used on-line calculators to figure out how many calories I needed to maintain or lose. calculator.net is a basic one. I'm sure there are tons but you have to start somewhere. I decided to shoot for between 1200 & 1400 a day for ME. Of those calories, I try to get most of them from lean protein sources and veggies. I try to limit the refined carbohydrates and things that will cause my insulin levels to spike. (I have also been diagnosed with PCOS, hypothyroidism and Insulin Resistance.)

Really though, you have to pay attention to YOUR body and see what works for you.  But I'd suggest start by plugging all of your numbers into your fitbit app and see what it recommends. Then be mindful of how eating certain things makes you feel.  Low carb, moderate fat & moderate protein is working for me and I've recently added CrossFit to my exercise routine.  I started with just walking every day though.

There's no magic formula and no one way to eat that will work for everyone. So, you have to own the process, experiment and see what works for you. I hope that helps.

Good luck! I look forward to celebrating your successes with you! 

Best Answer