Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any ladies here taking estrogen blockers?

It's been a pain in the a$$ to lose weight.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Yes, I have taken estrogen inhibitor since 2016.  First arimitex now on letrozole.

I have lost 40 pounds since Jan. 22, 2022.   I am 68 years old.

I started many diets since breast cancer diagnosis in 2016 but failed to stay on anything for any length of time.  When I did lose I would go ‘off’ the diet and gain it back.

This is a life long pattern so I don’t even blame the letrozole.

On Jan 22,22 facing a possible knee replacement I decided I must lose weight as I didn’t think a knee replacement would be all that successful if I was still carrying a lot of extra weight.   Or even better,  maybe if I lost weight I wouldn’t need a knee replacement.

I wore a Fitbit (but usually didn’t come near my step goal),  dusted off my Fitbit Aria scale, and tracked calories and carbs on Fitbit site.  The tracking part didn’t take any time at all because you quickly had a lot of what you eat programmed in.     I weighed everyday and yes,  you have to realize you go up and down like a see-saw so you don’t get discouraged.   But I love the aria scale and how it links to Fitbit to make motivating charts and graphs.   

I started doing very low net carb (20 or so) and calories were set to lose about a pound a week.   

Now I have increased carbs and that fluctuates but would still be considered low carb compared to standard American diet.    I will always stay low carb - you can’t look at it like a ‘diet’ that will end one day.    

I just reached ‘onederland’ and my next goal is to lose 25 more pounds and try and stay there for a while.   I should probably weigh around 150  but would be happy at a higher weight if I maintained it so not sure of final goal.   

The estrogen inhibitors certainly do a painful number on muscle and joints but haven’t stopped me from losing weight (40 pounds!) once I really starting tracking everything.

Best Answer
0 Votes