Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Average Weekly % Fat

ANSWERED

Every where I read I'm told not to focus on weight, but rather body composition. I love my new scale and tracking the body fat%. Currently the app will show me all of my weight & body fat logs, with a weekly average for weight. Could we change this to a weekly average for body fat % or at least add it?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks everyone for the replys. My initial point was Fitbit should add this feature so we don't need to use a second app or Excel. Should be easy enough of a feature to add as all the data is there and they already have the average lbs number. Just realized there is a suggest feature topic. I'll migrate this over there.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

I suggest you link your Fitbit account to TrendWeight, a free web-based service that lets you display your weight and body fat data as a moving average. It will not give you weekly averages, but you will be able to see trends over periods of various length.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think body composition is more important than weight. The problem is that measuring bodyfat is much more prone to error than weight. So it's good to look at both.

For your suggestion, @kadehamm, you might have to copy/paste the data into a spreadsheet and let it do the averages.As @Dominique said, you may want to look at longer periods of averages, which Trendweight excels at.

Feel free to add the suggestion to Fitbit's section for new feature requests.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

Thanks everyone for the replys. My initial point was Fitbit should add this feature so we don't need to use a second app or Excel. Should be easy enough of a feature to add as all the data is there and they already have the average lbs number. Just realized there is a suggest feature topic. I'll migrate this over there.

Best Answer
0 Votes