Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Body Fat % in app

How does the body fat % chart fill in on the Fitbit app? Is there a 3rd party device you need to purchase?

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Some scales, including Fitbit Aria and Aria 2, and some other brand scales, measure body fat % and sync that into fitbit along with weight.  Other than that, it would just be if you happened to know some other way of knowing.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I purchased the aria scale and it calculates BMI which adds it to the chart within the app but the Body Fat% is always blank. Aria 2 isn’t even available on the Fitbit store only aria 1

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, Aria Air is the only scale Fitbit still sells, and it does not measure body fat.  But there are other brand scales that measure body fat the same way, and also at least claim to sync with fitbit.  Not recommendations, but a couple of brands I have heard are Withings and Renphro.

I just tried a search on Amazon for "body fat scale sync fitbit" and found many, generally for less than what fitbit sold their models.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Was hoping there was a third party handheld device like trainers use at the gyms but you could actually transfer results to the app and keep track of the progress. I mean the graph is there already let’s connect something here. Enjoying everything so far though. 

Best Answer
0 Votes