Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Body fat percentage

ANSWERED

How do I calculate body fat as I lose weight?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

None of the fitbit trackers measure or estimate body fat. Without actually measuring via electrical resistivity or indirectly by measuring body areas (ala the Navy method) the best one can do is to calculate the BMI which is a poor method to estimate fat (OK it does not estimate fat but the AMA gives ranges for lean/fat/obese).

While your Fitbit charges or you just want to catch your breath, join us on the Lifestyle Discussions

Community Council Member

Warren | Cincinnati, OH

Versa Lite, Ionic, Charge3, Inspire HR, Blaze(retired), Alta( retired),- Pixel 3

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

There are several ways to calculate or estimate body fat.

You can buy a Fitbit Aria or Aria 2 which gives you a weight and a body fat estimate based on the electrical resistivity of your body.

You can go to Amazon and check on a variety of electronic body fat units that can give you an estimate again base on the electrical resistivity of your body.

You can check the internet for body fat estimates/calculators that use a variety of body measurements to estimate body fat. One such is on the following site which uses the US Navy method:

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/body-fat-calculator/

While your Fitbit charges or you just want to catch your breath, join us on the Lifestyle Discussions

Community Council Member

Warren | Cincinnati, OH

Versa Lite, Ionic, Charge3, Inspire HR, Blaze(retired), Alta( retired),- Pixel 3

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have a charge 2 Fitbit. Will this adjust my fat percentage as I lose
weight? it has stayed the same, even though I have lost nearly 10 Kgs.
Best Answer
0 Votes

None of the fitbit trackers measure or estimate body fat. Without actually measuring via electrical resistivity or indirectly by measuring body areas (ala the Navy method) the best one can do is to calculate the BMI which is a poor method to estimate fat (OK it does not estimate fat but the AMA gives ranges for lean/fat/obese).

Community Council Member

Warren | Cincinnati, OH

Best Answer
0 Votes

I guess everyone wants to look good. I am no exception. I decided to improve my figure and started going to the gym. There I saw a scale with a body mass index. I liked them. Immediately I started counting the amount of fat in my body. Of course, planning my free time is not easy. Therefore, I do not always manage to go to the gym. To keep track of my weight, I ordered a Front digital scale on Amazon and, in addition, a digital bathroom scale with a BMI. If unwanted weight fluctuations show up, I go to the gym. It's nice to feel in shape all the time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That website told me i have -3.68% body fat, but I am 13, do any work for younger people?

Best Answer
0 Votes