Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new and feeling motivated

Hello everyone,

I got my Fitbit as a 30 birthday present just this Sunday. So far I am feeling very motivated and love checking my sats during the day.

I am getting married in July and would love to lose about 10lbs for the big day. All other diets I have ever tried have failed but I really want this time to be different.

Would love to hear from/befriend other like-minded individuals to keep me going and of course I will return the favour with you.

Excited to be doing this!! 🙂 

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Hello Claire!

You can totally do it!

I used to weight 400 pounds a short 4 years ago. I managed to lose 200 pounds in 3.5 years. Now I am in the process of trying to get to 10% body fat.

You got this. And Congrats on your big day.

~m

Best Answer
0 Votes

Diets don't work, lifestyle changes do. If you restrict yourself of your favorite foods, you will only indulge over time. This is known as the yo-yo effect. My suggestion is to track your calories and sneak a snack in here and there (as long as it fits in your daily macronutrient intake). Good luck!

Best Answer

10 pounds will be a breeze with simply getting your 10k steps a day and a low calorie diet.  I was doing 10k a day and 1,200 calorie diet and the pounds were dropping.  Along with propper water intake

Best Answer

Have you considered a low-carb diet like Atkins? You could lose those pounds in no time. There has really been a lot of research on carbs in the last decade or so, and the vast majority of publications have pointed to Insulin, which is stimulated by carbs (because carbs are a type of sugar), being he culprit. Insulin makes fat and blocks the leptin signal from reaching the brain. Long story short, you may find better and easier success on a low-carb high-fat diet than a low-fat high-carb diet.

I would watch this documentary to get motivated!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moQZd1-BC0Y

Obviously this is more in general for those looking to lose a lot of weight, but even 10 lbs can be taken off relatively easily on a low-carb diet!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Brifit4life wrote:

10 pounds will be a breeze with simply getting your 10k steps a day and a low calorie diet.  I was doing 10k a day and 1,200 calorie diet and the pounds were dropping.  Along with propper water intake

Yes, eat less, move more, it's really that simple. You probably forgot to mention the inches were shrinking (in addition to pounds dropping).

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got mine this past Christmas from my daughter. Been wearing it ever since. It has really given me motivation along with my daughter's motivation. This past Sunday she got me out and walking. As we get to the end of our road there is this gigantic hill. She is used to it because she is a runner running 20 miles at a time. I am breathing heavy but still going. We walked 3 miles that day. Then I went by myself Tues, Wed, and Thur. I am getting 11,000 to over 12,000 steps just from this walk. I want to loose at 20 lbs. to begin with then I will go from there. I have cute down on sweets and coffee and trying to drink more water. The last time I weighed at the doctors office I was 175 and I am now 170. Doesn't sound that great considering I used to weigh 160 and thinking about that is kind of discouraging. I think, "How did I get up to 175?" but it can be easy especially the older you get. I am going to come back and let you know my progress. I love my Fitbit. One question. Is charging the Fitbit with your computer the only way you should charge it? Thanks. 

Best Answer

@MonicaJan1815  Wow you guys are all so inspirational, keep it up.

You can charge your tracker from any USB charger, so if you have one that came with phone or a tablet etc you can plug the Fitbit USB into there.  Just make sure it is a good quality one and not something from the dollar store.

FitBit customer service may say never use anything other than a computer, but that is just an abundance of caution.  I almost always use a wall power supply and not a computer.     

Wolf : Right Here and Now

Charge | iPhone 5 | Windows 7

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@WolfRhan wrote:

@MonicaJan1815  Wow you guys are all so inspirational, keep it up.

You can charge your tracker from any USB charger, so if you have one that came with phone or a tablet etc you can plug the Fitbit USB into there.  Just make sure it is a good quality one and not something from the dollar store.

FitBit customer service may say never use anything other than a computer, but that is just an abundance of caution.  I almost always use a wall power supply and not a computer.     

Actually the Fitbit Surge manual says you can use any USB Wall Charger now! I am not sure but I think the other Fitbits may have the same update in their manuals

Best Answer