Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breastfeeding!

Hi! This isn't really a weight-management question so much as a lifestyle one. I'm breastfeeding my six-month old on demand and have just set up my Fitbit only to realize that there hasn't been an activity set-up as such. I have found this great method of calculating (http://www.breastfeeding-problems.com/how-many-calories-does-breastfeeding-burn.html) however, I kinda got the Fitbit so I don't have to do math... whilst breastfeeding (seriously, I'm a one-handed wonder but I'm not that good 😊). Not having this data really skews everything else. I wonder if the kind people at Fitbit might be inclined to put this into the product for all of us awesome customers who are hard-working mammas. Thanks!

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the forums!

I would set up a Custom Activity for it. Go to the activity page and scroll to the bottom. On the right hand side at the very bottom you will see create custom activity.

Check out the discussions boards! A lot going on and I'm sure you have some contributions as well!
Hope to see you around!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good morning! How is this working out for you? I am trying to figure put how to add calories to my daily intake, to account for breastfeeding I understand I should be getting about 2200 calories.I wish they would come up with something for breastfeeding so this wasn't such a pain 

Best Answer

I am in the same boat. I can't find a way to add the 500 extra calories for daily intake. You can do it in myfitnesspal where I am tracking my calorie intake but I am always shown in the red on fitbit.

Best Answer