Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calorie Deficit confusion

ANSWERED

Good morning FitBit community.

So I am a smidge confused and was hoping to get a clear answer or help on the topic.

I have set my own calorie target using the iifym website. Based on my information that I put in, my calorie target is 1,666. Yesterday I consumed 1,791 which put me over by 125 calories. According to my dashboard it shows 2,700 calories burned.

So essentially, aren't I still in a deficit even though I consumed 125 calories over my daily target?

1791 cals in - 2700 cals burned = - 909 deficit... or am I doing this all wrong???

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You are correct. If it is telling you that you went over it could be because you were not within a 50 calorie window of your goal. That being said, a 900+ calorie deficit is on target, I wouldn't worry too much about it. If you are comfortable with that deficit and with that intake, ignore whether it is telling you that you are over or not. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

You are correct. If it is telling you that you went over it could be because you were not within a 50 calorie window of your goal. That being said, a 900+ calorie deficit is on target, I wouldn't worry too much about it. If you are comfortable with that deficit and with that intake, ignore whether it is telling you that you are over or not. 

Best Answer
0 Votes