Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calorie Limit difference between MFP and fitbit

ANSWERED
Why does fitbit say I have 1536 calorie limit and MFP says 1300?? Which 1 shud i follow?
Best Answer
0 Votes
2 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

Probably FitBit is telling you your day so far and MFP your day total

But I havent really used the diet side of Fitbit

Charge HR 2
208lbs 01/01/18 - 197.8lbs 24/01/18 - 140lbs 31/12/18

View best answer in original post

Best Answer

The difference between the calorie allotments is because MFP is estimating your calorie burn based on what you inputted as your activety level, where fitbit is estimating your calories based on your activety/step count plus your height/weight/age. There also may be a difference if your goals are different in MFP than in fitbit. 

Personally MFP usually is a little less too and because I'm trying to lose I err on the side of caution and go with the smaller calorie allowence...but won't starve myself so if I feel hungry I make sure to have a healthy snack! 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Probably FitBit is telling you your day so far and MFP your day total

But I havent really used the diet side of Fitbit

Charge HR 2
208lbs 01/01/18 - 197.8lbs 24/01/18 - 140lbs 31/12/18
Best Answer

The difference between the calorie allotments is because MFP is estimating your calorie burn based on what you inputted as your activety level, where fitbit is estimating your calories based on your activety/step count plus your height/weight/age. There also may be a difference if your goals are different in MFP than in fitbit. 

Personally MFP usually is a little less too and because I'm trying to lose I err on the side of caution and go with the smaller calorie allowence...but won't starve myself so if I feel hungry I make sure to have a healthy snack! 

Best Answer