Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calories not used

I'm currently walking 5 miles 7 days a week, working out 4 hours a week at a technogym and watching my calories. There are several days where I have over 500 calories left and I'm not hungry to eat those. 

Should I eat them anyway or will not eating them cause my weight loss to stall?

I'm currently hitting 2800-3300 burned calories and eating 1000 less that my daily burned calories. I'm 250lbs and want to lose 3lbs a week if skipping calories when I'm not hungry wont hurt me.

Anyone have an answer for this?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

@bw47 wrote:

I'm currently walking 5 miles 7 days a week, working out 4 hours a week at a technogym and watching my calories. There are several days where I have over 500 calories left and I'm not hungry to eat those. 

Should I eat them anyway or will not eating them cause my weight loss to stall?

I'm currently hitting 2800-3300 burned calories and eating 1000 less that my daily burned calories. I'm 250lbs and want to lose 3lbs a week if skipping calories when I'm not hungry wont hurt me.

Anyone have an answer for this?

If you are not "hungry", you don't need to eat - no matter what fitbit says you have left.

If you are eating 1,000 less than calories used, then you would lose 2 lb./wk. on average.

Make sure the calories eaten are good calories (make them count), use mostly complex

carbohydrates (grains, vegetables and fruit) along with a bit of meat and good fats.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Losing weight is all in all pretty simple.

Burn more calories than you eat and you will lose weight.

A pound of body fat contains 3500calories

So if you eat 1000 per day less than you burn, you will lose 2lbs per week.

If you burn 3300 you should be eating around 2300

If you are under eating youir under eating target, so only eating 1800 per day, thats a pretty big gap, probably within limits for now, but there are limits, more for girls who only burn their BMR trying to maintain big losses.

Heybales knows her stuff.

Charge HR 2
208lbs 01/01/18 - 197.8lbs 24/01/18 - 140lbs 31/12/18
Best Answer