Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calorie Tracking/Calories Burned Accuracy

Hello! I completed a 45-min HIIT workout and compared the calories burned on my FitBit Versa 2 and my old fitness band (Mi Band), and it seems like my FitBit isn't tracking calories accurately. On my Mi Band it displayed 300 calories burned, but the FitBit displayed only 50 calories burned, even though my average heart rate throughout the workout was 150bpm, with a high of 193bpm. Any tips as to how this can be fixed? Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Did you actually start a workout on the Fitbit when you started the workout, or relied on auto-start, ended it correctly?

Or did you create an Activity Record after the fact, giving the start/end times and saw 50 calories burned?

After the fact means you see what Fitbit estimated for calories using distance-based formula during a time it was not aware of a workout going on.

Starting the workout means the Fitbit would use HR-based formula for calories.

And while that will be inflated calorie burn (for sure the problem with the Mi Band - don't assume it's right because it's bigger, false logic) because intervals will be done that way, it's not a long workout that 100% inflated is that bad if you are otherwise active in the day.

Can you take a screen show of the Fitbit workout summary to post?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Welcome to our Fitbit Community. In addition to the great information that shared and requested my friend @Heybales, I'd like you to restart your Fitbit device as described in this help article. After this, check out this help page, which explains how your Fitbit device tracks your calories burned.

See you guys later.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes