Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calorie deficit Reworked?

If you have a bad day or two, does Fitbit rework the calories deficit for the rest of the week to pull it back?

I've gone over on Friday and very slight today and not sure how many calories i need to burn to pull it back over the next 6 days.  Hoping that Fitbit will do it for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @SunsetRunner,

That would be cool, but Fitbits only measure the calorie deficits daily. It's kind of set up to have a regular calorie schedule the same each day. If you get ahead of behind the schedule, you'll need to make a manual adjustment to compensate.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit may redo it's calculator, however, you're body does not. Your body immediately does something with the extra calories you've eaten - either fat or muscle. It doesn't say "hey, even though I ate 1000 calories over my target on Tuesday, overall this week, I'm under 300 calories, let's drop a few pounds..."

If you're having a hard time keeping within your target calories, either do more exercise, or rework your goals to make it easier to lose weight.

For the long haul, change your nutrition habits to only do a 250 - 500 calorie deficit, and eat more protein and drink more cold water. These things help your body feel full.

Best Answer
0 Votes