Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calorie intake

I am planning, weighing and tracking everything.

I’ve committed to making a change and am exercising too. I have a long way to goal and have RA, PCOS and fibromyalgia to contend with. I want to achieve my goal in 2.5 years - but sooner the better!

Every day this week I’ve been under on my calorie intake - obviously I need a deficient to see a change but how do I eat to

get into the green zone? I’m full. I can’t eat for the sake of eating.

I’m worried I’m not going to see results on the scales. And the constant under eating is going to put my body in starvation mode even though I have more than enough to lose.

Any helpful hints/tips?

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

First of all, congratulations on taking control of your fitness, @SarahG37 ! You ask a good question about  starvation mode. You’re right - you can’t just eat for the sake of eating! I have two suggestions. 1.) Check what your scale says. It could be that your body needs fewer calories than estimated by Fitbit. 2.) If you see you are not losing weight, consider adding something like an Atkins shake or (my favorite), a Premier Protein shake. Both offer dense calories without a lot of carbs/sugar. I drink the PP shake in order to get enough calcium, without the problem of lactose. If you don’t have that issue, an extra glass of milk might do the trick. 

Best Answer

@SarahG37 I googled to see how many calories were needed to avoid "starvation mode".  I felt you didn't give nearly enough info; like how tall are you and how many calories are you eating etc, but google said you don't get into starvation mode unless you eat fewer than 1,200 calories a day and they didn't even care how big you are now.  If you multiply your weight by 10 , you are eating at least that many calories a day.  If you reduce that number by 500 a day you lose 1 pound a week (500 X 7 + 3500)  You have to save 3500 to lose a pound.  If you are a big person maybe you could save 750 calories a day and lose a pound and a half.  If you lose that slowly you will not have saggy excess skin.

Best Answer
0 Votes