Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Enter Decimal Values

I've been experiencing this for some time, maybe 6 months to a year and hoped it would remedy itself but it's obviously not. Basically, whenever I enter the nutrition / calories of any food, I'm unable to enter a decimal value. There's simply no dot there on the keypad. So if something had 6.5g sugar, I have to settle with either 6 or 7. 

I have tried uninstalling Fitbit, downloading it again to see if that solved it ( 4 or 5 times I have tried this now I think ) My iphone has always been up to date.

I may as well mention cycling too, since having my Fitbit / Blaze watch, it's never been able to track my cycling. Hopefully someone can point me in the direction where I can get this fixed too. 

The scanning of food as never worked for me either. I read somewhere that it doesn't even work at all if you are in the UK but I didn't know this before buying.

So basically, I'm unable to properly track exercise on which to balance calorie intake, I have to round figures off to estimate macros and have to enter everything manually as the scan wont work. I used the custom part for this but they tend to vanish so I have to keep repeating various items over time.. 

Thanks for any help

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

I'm having the same trouble with not being able to add decimal points within the app.

With the cycling not being tracked, I'm guessing you're wearing your Fitbit on your wrist?  If you are, I was initially having the same difficulties until someone on here suggested wearing it around my ankle to count my steps (the reason I got it) so is there any way you can maybe try that to see if it counts your cycling then?  Within a week of wearing my Inspire around my ankle, I was going from hundreds of steps a day to just about reaching my daily target of 2500 steps a day, and now I'm frequently hitting 25000 steps a day, just by moving it from my wrist to my ankle, so maybe that'd work for you too?

Amanda - a Fitbit Inspire user since 29th September 2019
Best Answer
0 Votes