Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calories In VS Calories Out

Hi All 

Started my fitbit over a month ago - I have some questions..

Is the calorie consumption on the fitbit correct, or do you need to tweak it to find what works for you?

Do you need to stick to a calorie intake eg. 1400 a day or 1800 a day etc?? 

Which do you trust in more - the fitbit or a calorie calculator online? 

I use Calorie King to track my food aswell as the fitbit. Calorie King has a 1400 calorie intake for me, but fitbit  is over 2000?? 

I know you need a calorie deficit and to loose weight you need to burn more then what you put in, just would like some overall advice as somedays I feel i am either eating too little, or too much!!!!!!!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

@SusanKay wrote:

Hi All 

Started my fitbit over a month ago - I have some questions..

Is the calorie consumption on the fitbit correct, or do you need to tweak it to find what works for you?

Do you need to stick to a calorie intake eg. 1400 a day or 1800 a day etc?? 

Which do you trust in more - the fitbit or a calorie calculator online? 

I use Calorie King to track my food aswell as the fitbit. Calorie King has a 1400 calorie intake for me, but fitbit  is over 2000?? 

I know you need a calorie deficit and to loose weight you need to burn more then what you put in, just would like some overall advice as somedays I feel i am either eating too little, or too much!!!!!!!! 

Let's see, a TDEE calculator where you are guessing from 5 different levels, probably only about exercise and nothing about daily life, and hoping you guessed right.

Or a device that is infinite level TDEE for however your day goes, doing a good job of estimating movement and step-based exercise, only needing correction for non-step based exercise. Actually it underestimates daily life.

You bought the tool, might as well use it for it's intended purpose, instead of hoping your guess is better.

If you do prefer a set calories per day, then each week look at your Fitbit report of what you burn on average daily - and subtract 500.

Make that your eating goal for the next week.

Repeat each week as activity may change.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.
Best Answer
0 Votes