Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What kind of difficulties do we face while trying to lose weight?

Hi all! I'm a product designer and a fresh starter at FitBit. I have problems about issues like exercising, keeping track of calories and finding motivation. I'd like to get some knowledge and experience from those who would like to join my discussions. Here's my next question: What kind of problems and difficulties do we face while trying to lose weight? 

Many thanks to all in advance!

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hi Elaine,

Im new too (almost 2 weeks of using the fitbit). 

Ive become quite mindful about what I put in my mouth, reading labels, and recording what I eat. I have the fitbit app on my phone, so as soon as I sit for a meal or snack, I record it. Noww....if I could only manage to drink the amount of water Im supposed to......

Best Answer

Hi MsJulie,

Thank you. But even I try to read labels and calories, it is still hard to keep track of them for me. I couldn't find a real effective way to record, compare and understand them. What do you do for that?

Best Answer
0 Votes
For recording, I use my fitbit app on my phone.
Comparing and understanding them is a bit trickier.
Thus far, I'm following the KISS rule (keep it simple sweetheart)
Processed=not so good
Fresh from the earth=good.
More veggies and fruit= good
There is SO much conflicting info out there so it's hard to know where and how to educate oneself.
I think we all have it in us....we inherently know what us good for our bodies and what isn't.
Simple changes like choosing a handful of nuts over a bakery muffin make sense to me. A fresh orange vs a glass of manufactured orange juice.
Keep it simple sweetheart 🙂
Best Answer

Most important thing is to control yourself. Focusing on not eating extra foods unless necessary. Eat what's recommended by your dietitian and nothing else. Avoiding temptations is the most hardest part in just about anybody.

The biggest problem with me is the temptations. Strongly avoiding it is difficult when you are burning high calories and feeling hungry. I burn on average of 2800 calories and consume less than 1200 calories as long as I avoid any extras even if it's healthy and good for me. Focusing on weight loss, doing nightly fitness exercise program sessions, and keeping up with walking steps are key to my weight loss and body composition.

Best Answer

Thank you all. Temptations, lack of action, making healthy choices.. They are really my biggest problems. Isn't it hard to know that eating one thing is healthier than another - and if my choice for one thing is right than what about the following others, exercise, weighing myself regularly (meanwhile I hate the scale, especially when there are other people around me!)? I'm having hard times trying to organize everything..

Best Answer
0 Votes

I loved the KISS principles! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes