Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calories burned (fit bit blaze)

Just wondering on the accuracy of Calories Burned on my fit bit blaze. I pull a press handle majority of the day, I average between 2500-4000 “calories burned” a day

not sure that’s entirely accurate which makes it a little difficult to know how much I should/could ACTUALLY eat

I am on a 2000 calorie intake a day schedule at the moment 

my heart rate stays in fat burn mode all day with a few hours a day getting into cardio

i also work out after work at home, but those calories burned aren’t included in the previous ones I mentioned

Im not gaining weight, I am losing it, it’s more of a desire to know how “off” my readings could be

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

You probably have had your Blaze for some time (given it’s no longer a current model). This means you should have enough historical data (in terms of calories burned). If you’ve also been logging your intake and weighing yourself for some time, you can then compare predicted weight changes to actual weight changes. This in turn should tell you by how much your Blaze over- or underestimates your energy expenditure (assuming you’re 100% accurate in loging your intake).

You can also double-check your numbers by using an online calculator such as this one. You can use your average step count as a proxy for determining which of the five standard activity levels applies to you.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for this info
I’ll do my research 👍🏼
Much Appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes