Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calories was way high.

So I just got my fitbit yesterday and I plugged into my computer to charge all night . My husband brought it downstars to me and it said I had 500 burned for the day , . So I know that it is incorrect. What can I do to make it accurate?

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

It is accurate ...

Those are the calories you burned since midnight (your Basic Metabolic Rate), just by being alive.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been sitting at my desk at work since 8am and now its at 854. I dont think there is anyway I can burn another 350 calories sitting at my desk for 3 hours

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you aware you burn calories while sleeping?

In the absence of actual movement or steps being seen - that's what Fitbit assumes you are burning - sleeping calorie burn - called BMR.

So when you first got it, that day was given BMR level burn until it saw steps.

And while charging too.

350 cal / 3 hr = 116.7 x 24 = 2800 BMR.

Now - that does sound high actually.

But I'm betting that was the total daily burn, since midnight - so do the math again, and I'll bet it's right on.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.
Best Answer

The number of calories sounds right.  It means, given your age, height, weight you are burning just over 100 calories an hour (or ~2,400 a day).

Edit:  I just noticed others have already pointed this out. 

Best Answer