Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I eat some junk?

Is it all calories in and calories out?

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

If (like me) you believe in flexible dieting (sometimes known as "if it fits your macros"), then yes, you can eat some junk. Not all of your calories need to be nutritious and healthy. If 80% are, then the remaining 20% don’t matter that much.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

@PanthersLuke - pretty much.  Some foods make us feel more full and some may lead us to crave more of the same.  However, if you can keep your 'junk' to a minimum there's nothing really wrong with it.  I eat mostly homemade, non-packaged items.  However, I still have items some would consider as junk most days.  Just in very limited quantities.

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

I have some junk once in a while. Just try to keep it to a minimum

You need to find a balance. Anything is good as long as its done with moderation

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

@PanthersLuke wrote:

Is it all calories in and calories out?

The impressive weight loss reported in this other post of yours pretty much answers the question IMO: it may not be all about it, but it’s definitely primarily about it. Or do you believe it was caused by some fat burners, "detox" / "cleansing" supplements or other similar bogus gimmicks?

You clearly got your calories in vs. calories out equation right, otherwise you wouldn’t have been able get your weight down from 224 to 180 lbs in seven months.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Like many have said already, a little hear and there wont be the end of all.   I found a clean way to make some bad food for comfort factor.  Lika Banana bread...  I have to admit though there are foods that seem to have some Jedi powers our there for me like Pizza.   **ahem** it all but they try to pull me to the dark side every day I drive by Lou Malnatis.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Junk food doesn't hurt. It's binging on them that does. If you're afraid that having a little will ruin you then I say be strong and just resist it until you are mentally strong enough to eat it moderately w/o binging on them. Remember that phrase "You can't have just one" it is too true for many people. It took me months and months of discipline to be able to eat it and not binge on them. Though binging once in awhile doesn't really ruin anyone, it does discourage people and makes them give up.

Best Answer
0 Votes