Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chlothes question

So I have a question because it's making me sad so I was wondering I've been working out for a while and I tried on my pair of 18 jeans and large shirt when I used to be a 22 to a XXL but the problem is when I went to try on those same sizes at both Ross and Old navy they didn't fit so I'm feeling a little discouraged I guess my question is even though they fit me at home but not at old navy or Ross does that mean I'm not actaully an 18 and Large since I don't fit in them in stores but do at home 

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @RockinRach  when you try on new clothes, the sizes vary from one brand to another, as well as country to country!  Ross and other stores like it often sell irregular merchandise, which is why they have good prices. It could mean the pants you think are one size, could actually be another, which is why it's marked "irregular" on the tag. Remember, the new clothes on the rack are stiff and unwashed, making them tighter, too. Your comfy clothes at home have been worn enough to stretch a bit more. Anyway, this article - click to read - is a look at how clothing sizes are a problem for most women.

While social media tries to tell us we need to be perfect, the fact is none of us are. Everyone has something they'd like to change about themselves. Losing weight is a good goal to have, but not if you're going to fret over it so much you get stressed out. Take it one day at a time, one pound at a time. Pretty soon, you'll be able to get into the jeans you'd like. Just don't worry about what size the label says, since it's not always accurate.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Do you know of good places to get clothes that might have what I'm looking for that actaully fit the size I need 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RockinRach  see what the return policies are for some of the stores you usually shop at. A friend of mine said to try https://www.womanwithin.com/ . 

It seems they have a good return policy and the prices are more reasonable than some of the stores. Amazon has a policy where you can try and return, so that might be an option for you. If you're going to be losing weight, then don't buy too many new items at once. Just buy a few things that you really like and are comfortable wearing. As time goes on, you'll find the right place to shop that has the clothes that fit your needs.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

I ordered clothes off shian to see how the chlothes on there fit since there clothes run big hopefully they fit I got an 16 and 18 so i guess we will see 

Best Answer
0 Votes

First off, disregard the size numbers on any ladies' clothing in the US. They truly do vary greatly from brand to brand. Buy what fits you and don't let the tag discourage you. My experience has been that Old Navy in particular uses "vanity sizing" - what would be a 12 on most other brands may be tagged as an 8 at Old Navy. It was quite the rush to discover I could fit in a size 6 at Old Navy when I lost 35 pounds two years ago with Noom. I've since gained back about 10 pounds, but am fighting my way back down. The jeans in my dresser range from size 8 to 12 right now, depending on the brand and how they're cut. 

Focus on how you FEEL. Go ahead and get out a tape measure to track your progress. Another option is an app called MeThreeSixty - it takes a picture of your body, and with additonal information (age, height, sex, etc) it calculates your proportions and can also track your progress. 

Best Answer
0 Votes