Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computer & mobile dashboard showing different calorie totals

I have been looking at the calorie in and out graphs on both my online laptop (apple) version of the dashboard and my samsung galaxy phone version.  They are showing different stories for the  Cals in vs. out:

Monday:   Computer showing 'In the Zone"  Phone showing "Over"

Tuesday:   Computer showing 'Under"  Phone showing "Under"

Wednesday: Computer showing 'Under"  Phone showing "Over"

Anyone else experienced this?  Reasons for it? How do I fix it if possible?  Which do I believe?  

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

I don't use my phone much, but I just got a Samsung Galaxy 7 and thought I'd check.  The calories left are slightly different, but if I look at the steps my phone has more (I've got the all-day sync turned on for a challenge I was in today).  It's possible, in fact likely, they aren't syncing together.  My computer syncs on my laptop (which is closed at the moment while I work on my desktop) so it's a little further behind.

So, I closed the page I had open on the computer and reloaded it - now they match.

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have closed both versions and reopened and it is still the same.  Both have been synced at the same time.  The phone is a Samsung galaxy A5 that's only a week old so everything has been updated when I copied all my data/apps etc over.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hmmm, not sure why now.  I tried changing my food plan on my phone, to see if they could be different, but it changed automatically on the computer.  Maybe someone else will have some thoughts.

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you go to your Fitbit dashboard on your laptop, locate the over/under tile and click it, what does it say there? It should break down the intake, output and calorie deficit/excess during those days if you hover over the bars. Does it match your plan?

I don't personally use the over/under function, but I understand the frustration when it's giving you mixed messages. My Win10 app and my dashboard is giving me a 3 calorie deficit difference (this is a very minor inconsistency and irrelevant for me) for yesterday.

In my case the dashboard is correct (I did the math) but I can't say for sure which of your devices are correct without knowing your intake/output.

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
Best Answer
0 Votes