Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused about weight loss badges

So I got one badge for setting a goal weight (about a 14 pound loss). I understand that.

When I lost my first 5 pounds, I got a badge for that. I understand that too. That was in February (I got my Aria & Fitbit for Christmas 2014).

Today, I suddenly got a badge for a 5-pound "lifetime" loss. But why? I'm down .3 from two days ago, when I last weighed. I'm about two pounds below what I got that first 5-pound loss one for. Definitely not 10 pounds lighter than when I started. Is December to March a "lifetime"? Is that quarterly, or something? Does Aria think I am giving up, and at the end of my life? 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

It's my understanding the the lifetime badges are over the course of the whole time that you have Fitbit. I don't have the Aria scale, but I've gotten badges for accumulating miles since I've had my Fitbit, like the Penguin March badge for accumulating 70 miles worth of walking since using my Flex.

It seems weird to me that you would just be recieving a 5 pound loss lifetime badge now, when you said you lost 5 pounds from your starting weight in February. I'm guessing the the lifetime weight loss badges work like the lifetime distance badges and it counts the lifetime whatever stats have accumulated since you first started using Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It seems likely that the 1st badge is merely for losing the 5lbs.  The "Lifetime" badge is an acknowledgement that you've kept the weight off for a full quarter.  Sort of a new life, 5lbs lighter.  BTW, congratulations on not "yo-yo-ing", and perservering towards your goal. 

Best Answer
0 Votes