Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confessions of a sugar addict

Hey everyone! Here's my problem. I really, really, really love sugar, and I have about 20 pounds of fat to lose. I almost never eat the "bad" stuff though and when I need something sweet, I make sure that I eat something that's full of nutrients and fibers, such as an orange or blueberries. However, my portions are too large, I constantly feel hungry, and deprived because I don't eat the junk I'm craving, and I find myself eating lots of fruits. I sleep 9 hours every night, am not particularly stressed out, and eat lots of good fats and proteins. I eat fish at least twice a week but no meat otherwise. What am I doing wrong? 

I cannot really eat junk in moderation, I always end up eating too much when I try to do that. Also, I don't want to eat meat (except fish). I also feel like I am eating enough proteins, from fish, legumes and low-processed vegan protein powder mostly... Do you have anything to suggest? I am feeling a bit discouraged tonight. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Whenever you crave those sweets, grab the fruit, but also grab some protein and fat at the same time - they'll help you feel fuller. Eat them TOGETHER, instead of at two different times.

If you love that chocolate and junky sweets, grab some recipes. There's nothing wrong with making great tasting desserts in smaller portions.

Another trick? Freeze it. When you have to go through the effort of letting something thaw, you're less apt to take it out of the freezer at all. That goes for cake, cookies, etc.

I'm an ecommerce and online business consultant who sits most of the day. Getting off my butt with a Fitbit Flex since 12/2014.
Best Answer

I think the tips @PamelaHazelton suggested are really good! In my case I have portioned out several of my favorite snacks in 100 calorie bags and store them in my pantry, this way if I want my favorite chips, I grab only one pack, not the family bag like I used to. 

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have sweet thooth myself 🙂

Just fruit didn't cut it for me, so I replaced chocolate and other sweet treats witht he following:

• Banana+1tbs peanut butter+1tsp honey (my go-to desert)
  • Baked apple in the oven using pam spray and tablespoon of brown sugar
  • Strawberries with fat free whipped cream
  • Pretzels and 1tbs of peanut butter

It is always easy to do a 1.5tbs worth of 1 tbs with peanut butter, so I try to be very careful with measuring and use the back of a knife to level the top of the tbs measuring spoon...

Best Answer
0 Votes