Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused by cals left

I'm confused by how the 'cals left' is supposed to work. I tried googling and read the article I found but I'm still confused.

So right now, at 4 pm, it says I have 600 calories left. 

Does that mean that 600 calories is all I'll have left for the day? So for example, if I eat a 200 calorie snack now I'll have 400 for dinner?

Or am I going to get more calories in the "calories left" portion of the day as time passes?

If so, how do I see how many calories I have left for the entire day?  (Even if that's an estimate that might change)

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Don't know if this will help, but here's an article from the Fitbit Blog that some have found helpful.

https://blog.fitbit.com/fitbit-calories-in-vs-out/

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, that's the article I found by googling. I read it and I'm still confused. I may just be being a bit dumb here. 

Do you think someone could maybe answer my specific question? An example might help me be less confused.

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry, I don't use calorie counting (though I do need it) so I don't know any specifics but just knew of that article.  I expect someone else will come along and be more helpful.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@emlow.. your calories left is what you have in this moment in time. if you go for a jog and burn 300 calories your calories left will increase. go back several days in the app and you will see your historical data. you will see on average how many calories total you burn vs how many you consume. compare it to your weight loss. make adjustments from there

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes